Create a Free Account or Sign In to connect and share in green living and alternative energy forum discussions.

Collection of Topics Featuring Green Living Tips

17 replies to this topic

#1 Shortpoet-GTD

Shortpoet-GTD

Shifted

• Validating
  • 8,025 posts 758 rep

Posted 28 June 2012 - 02:31 PM

366 Ways to make the Shift to Living Green! (list in progress)

Ideas for going green in your home?

Did you know? Some environmental facts to ponder...

Green living: 10 tips to save energy at home

5 Easy and Cheap Ways to Go Green at Home

Make your own cleaning supplies

How to Cook Green?

Let’s Share Green Pest Control Tips

If viewers to these forums (or guests) do all of these things, they'll be dark green quickly. :tongue:

Enjoy the tips from all of our great green Shifters.

We're all in this together! :wink:

#2 dconklin

dconklin

Activist

• Pro Shifter
  • 413 posts 14 rep

Posted 28 June 2012 - 06:21 PM

Great list Shortpoet :) I already do some and I am working on some of the rest.  I am making an huge effort which is much more then I can say I was doing a few years ago! Knowledge is the key here.

#3 dissn_it

dissn_it

Regular

• Pro Shifter
  • 183 posts 6 rep

Posted 29 June 2012 - 06:58 AM

Very nice, thank-you! It is nice to have a collection of tips all in one place. I'll be reading through them and looking for some new ideas and new ways to go even more green. We are trying to do better each day and it seems like everyday, I learn something new on this website. It is very much appreciated!

#4 Shortpoet-GTD

Shortpoet-GTD

Shifted

• Validating
  • 8,025 posts 758 rep

Posted 29 June 2012 - 09:52 AM

You're welcome, I figured it would be helpful for a quick lookup of goodies. :biggrin:

#5 zararina

zararina

Activist

• Veteran Shifter
  • 660 posts 19 rep

Posted 01 July 2012 - 11:53 PM

Yes, much easier especially for new members to browse or look for the green living tips through a single thread on this forum.
I could still remember some of those threads and I could say that I had learned a lot from those conversations.

#6 Sandra Piddock

Sandra Piddock

Activist

• Pro Shifter
  • 329 posts 34 rep

Posted 02 July 2012 - 04:20 AM

Great idea, Shortpoet - thanks for thinking of that. These posts are all really helpful, especially for those of us relatively new to the concept of green living, as opposed to merely separating the glass, paper, plastic and cans from the rest of the garbage. Since I joined this forum, I've found that there's a lot more involved in living green than I ever imagined, so it's nice to have some of the basics gathered together for quick reference.

#7 Shortpoet-GTD

Shortpoet-GTD

Shifted

• Validating
  • 8,025 posts 758 rep

Posted 02 July 2012 - 06:57 AM

Anyone and everyone is also welcome to post more tips in this forum.
Let's make this thread 8 quadzillion pages long.
And thanks Sandra-you're no slouch yourself when it comes to good tips! :biggrin:

#8 Magic Pixel

Magic Pixel

Curious

• Shifter
  • 36 posts 2 rep

Posted 04 August 2012 - 05:18 AM

Shortpoet I am such a fan. I like to be dark green and will do everything I can. Small things make a big difference. I can remember how my mother wuld never let us leave a tap running or leaking even a drop per hour. Or to leave lights on everywhere.

#9 Shortpoet-GTD

Shortpoet-GTD

Shifted

• Validating
  • 8,025 posts 758 rep

Posted 04 August 2012 - 06:30 AM

View PostMagic Pixel, on 04 August 2012 - 05:18 AM, said:

Shortpoet I am such a fan.
Thank you very much.
I just figured it would easier for newcomers to get quick/easy tips in one place. :biggrin:

#10 Shortpoet-GTD

Shortpoet-GTD

Shifted

• Validating
  • 8,025 posts 758 rep

Posted 27 August 2012 - 04:02 AM

Add cornstarch to your list of green cleaning products too. :tongue:
http://www.diylife.c...h-unusual-uses/

#11 Nematoad1998

Nematoad1998

• Shifter
  • 2 posts 0 rep

Posted 20 September 2012 - 07:19 PM

Thanks for the post!  I'll definitely be looking into all of these.  The environmental facts were very interesting!  Also the tips were helpful too.  I never realized that LCD screens were more economical than plasma.  Although, now that I think about it, it does make more sense.  Also, this website can be pretty helpful too: http://www.greenlivingtips.com/

#12 Shortpoet-GTD

Shortpoet-GTD

Shifted

• Validating
  • 8,025 posts 758 rep

Posted 27 January 2013 - 04:48 AM

Update-
bump for newbies. :biggrin:

#13 Shortpoet-GTD

Shortpoet-GTD

Shifted

• Validating
  • 8,025 posts 758 rep

Posted 27 March 2013 - 04:40 AM

Greening up at the office.
Article

#14 veer10

veer10

• Shifter
  • 1 posts 0 rep

Posted 07 May 2013 - 10:19 PM

Go greens, eye feeling well when watching green around us and natural effect for our body.

#15 johnygreen

johnygreen

Regular

• Shifter
  • 69 posts 3 rep

Posted 22 July 2013 - 10:52 PM

Great collection of tips Shortpoet.

This thread is really going to be popular as a source of green tips, me too have mentioned this thread as a source of green living tips in my eco friendly blog. I have also written a new post mentioning top seven reasons which justify the use of jute in our day to day life. In this blog I have emphasised on the environment friendly aspects of jute & jute made goods. I am also planning to write on other topics in future as well e.g. recycled goods, solar energy and other eco friendly practices.

#16 Shortpoet-GTD

Shortpoet-GTD

Shifted

• Validating
  • 8,025 posts 758 rep

Posted 23 July 2013 - 11:55 AM

View Postjohnygreen, on 22 July 2013 - 10:52 PM, said:

Great collection of tips Shortpoet.

This thread is really going to be popular as a source of green tips, me too have mentioned this thread as a source of green living tips in my eco friendly blog. I have also written a new post mentioning top seven reasons which justify the use of jute in our day to day life. In this blog I have emphasised on the environment friendly aspects of jute & jute made goods. I am also planning to write on other topics in future as well e.g. recycled goods, solar energy and other eco friendly practices.
Thanks and you're welcome. Happy to share. :biggrin:
Have you seen this thread?
I add to it daily-
http://www.altenergy...eco-tip-thread/

#17 johnygreen

johnygreen

Regular

• Shifter
  • 69 posts 3 rep

Posted 24 July 2013 - 09:21 PM

You are also welcome. :smile:
This thread is also nice!
I would also like to contribute to this thread with some good eco friendly tips.

#18 Shortpoet-GTD

Shortpoet-GTD

Shifted

• Validating
  • 8,025 posts 758 rep

Posted 16 September 2013 - 03:17 PM

Ran across this article. Each picture in this slideshow has links for more information and tips.
(Scroll down to slideshow)
A bit long, but tons of goodies. :laugh:
http://www.huffingto..._b_3932135.html

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users