Create a Free Account or Sign In to connect and share in green living and alternative energy forum discussions.

Reputation Points Explained

6 replies to this topic

#1 Hayden

Hayden

Admin

• Global Moderator
  • 1,489 posts 72 rep

Posted 01 July 2012 - 05:10 PM

Although your post count is important, making "useful" forum posts is of far more importance to our green community. As such, the reputation (rep) system allows forum members to give each other positive reputation points (a virtual "thank you") for useful posts. Please share the love... if you find another member's post of value to you or the community then click on the green up arrow (pictured below) to add a positive rep point:

Attached File  rep_points.png   102.58K   2 downloads

Check out our list of top 20 forum members (Shifters) sorted by reputation points received here.
Note: The rep system has many anti-abuse features in place to ensure it's accuracy.

You can always access this page from our forum homepage. Simply scroll to the very bottom an click "Top 20 Reputation" (as per the example below):
Attached File  top_20_link.png   9.21K   3 downloads

Of course, if a member uses our forums to post spam, insults or otherwise break the rules, you should use the report button (pictured above) to report these posts to moderators.

Congrats to the

Top 20 Shifters

who by way of posting useful green content (tips, how-to's, news, answers to questions, etc) have earned themselves a spot!

Regards,

Hayden
AltEnergyShift Admin

#2 Shortpoet-GTD

Shortpoet-GTD

Shifted

• Validating
  • 8,025 posts 758 rep

Posted 02 July 2012 - 02:44 AM

Wow!
My very special thanks goes out to all the members of this great forum that took the time to give me a thumbs-up
on my posts.
It is very much appreciated and I'm happy I'm able to share some tips with you.
Thank you community! :kiss: :hug: :wub:

#3 Sandra Piddock

Sandra Piddock

Activist

• Pro Shifter
  • 329 posts 34 rep

Posted 02 July 2012 - 04:01 AM

Well done, Shortpoet, Mariaandrea and Hayden. I expected to see your names prominently displayed, and you thoroughly deserve the recognition for your helpful, informative and entertaining posts. What I didn't expect to see was my own name on that list - that was a real surprise, so thanks everyone. I'm pretty new to this, so it's encouraging to know people appreciate my posts. :rolleyes:

#4 QuatreHiead

QuatreHiead

Regular

• Shifter
  • 62 posts 5 rep

Posted 02 July 2012 - 04:30 PM

Congrats to all the great posters making this community amazing, informed, and inviting! I've enjoyed being a part of the community for such a short time so far. I'm looking forward to getting to know more of you!

Happy July 4th for those celebrating the coming US Holiday!

#5 dconklin

dconklin

Activist

• Pro Shifter
  • 413 posts 14 rep

Posted 06 July 2012 - 06:29 PM

Will do and great job to all who have contributed valuable content.  We have many people here who do offer great information for us all :biggrin:

#6 Dingo

Dingo

Regular

• Pro Shifter
  • 173 posts -8 rep

Posted 11 August 2013 - 02:59 AM

To me the whole rep point system is like going back to school and getting a grade. It's an unneeded distraction in my book and I refuse to play, but I respect that I am in the minority. I appreciate the resurrection of TES and I feel I can put up with this little irritant.

#7 Shortpoet-GTD

Shortpoet-GTD

Shifted

• Validating
  • 8,025 posts 758 rep

Posted 11 August 2013 - 05:37 AM

View PostDingo, on 11 August 2013 - 02:59 AM, said:

To me the whole rep point system is like going back to school and getting a grade. It's an unneeded distraction in my book and I refuse to play, but I respect that I am in the minority. I appreciate the resurrection of TES and I feel I can put up with this little irritant.
This was put into place, not only to give "high fives" to good posts/ or links-
but also "votes down" on a post gives moderators a heads up with problem posters. :wink:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users