Create a Free Account or Sign In to connect and share in green living and alternative energy forum discussions.

Do You Visit a Chiropractor for Wellness?

alternative wellness health

11 replies to this topic

#1 iamloved1

iamloved1

Curious

• Shifter
  • 15 posts 3 rep

Posted 24 October 2011 - 04:09 PM

My family has been visiting a chiropractor for about 5 years now. We have noticed a considerable drop in the number of doctors visits we make every year. My son no longer has migraine headaches and we all feel like we have more energy. Does anyone else visit a chiro for wellness and maintenance? If so, how often?

#2 Hayden

Hayden

Admin

• Global Moderator
  • 1,489 posts 72 rep

Posted 27 October 2011 - 01:00 PM

I've never been. I should give it a try.

#3 cherrichiodo

cherrichiodo

Curious

• 47 posts 0 rep

Posted 09 November 2011 - 09:03 PM

My daughter and I have started going. We love it. We also compliment this with acupuncture and she does physical/massage therapy.

#4 Jabsfreelanceworld

Jabsfreelanceworld

Curious

• Shifter
  • 38 posts 1 rep

Posted 09 November 2011 - 09:29 PM

I haven't seen a chiropractor for wellness. However, one time I went to a free consultation offered by one. I heard that even bone adjustments could help correct a person's sinus problems. I never would have suspected that. This was several years ago. I didn't really have the money for it or maybe I would have. LOL

#5 cherrichiodo

cherrichiodo

Curious

• 47 posts 0 rep

Posted 09 November 2011 - 09:40 PM

^^ I can certainly relate to the money part. My insurance pays 90% for chiro, acupuncture and PT up to 12 visits per year (once a month each) so it works out for us. My previous insurance did not, so I am taking FULL advantage. It is well worth it!

#6 pwcross

pwcross

Curious

• Shifter
  • 23 posts 5 rep

Posted 10 November 2011 - 10:32 PM

I visited a chiropractor consistently through my pregnancy, and it helped considerably with my discomfort, particularly in my third trimester, when I was almost as wide as I was tall! It's difficult to explain, but my visits helped me to feel like there was more space in my body somehow, like my spine was longer and my organs had room to expand. This is especially helpful when one is being occupied by a baby. :rolleyes: I went just a couple times after my son was born and my body was adjusting back to normalcy, but I couldn't make it financially worthwhile to continue going for long. I will probably try to return when I become pregnant again. As a side note, my chiropractor also works with babies and children, and she offered to adjust my son a few times when he was a newborn. It was really remarkable the way my son reacted with her, and the way she seemed to really understand his body; at times he would be fussing, and then the chiropractor would make a small adjustment, and he would get this little look of surprise, and then he would smile.

#7 steph84

steph84

Activist

• Pro Shifter
  • 265 posts 12 rep

Posted 18 November 2011 - 12:28 AM

I love getting adjustments! I have bad sinus problems and when I get adjusted it is like there is a popping that I feel in my forehead and I can breathe again. Most of the time I just feel like my nose is stuffy and I can only breathe if I inhale a little eucalyptus or slap some Vicks vapor rub on my chest. It's horrible and the only thing that was helping me was taking some Claritin, but that would just give me bloody noses. So now I just go in regularly for an adjustment and it fixes it right up. My insurance also covers most of the cost and I only have a small co-payment to make. I highly recommend it!

#8 tinkerbulilit

tinkerbulilit

Curious

• Shifter
  • 19 posts 0 rep

Posted 18 November 2011 - 04:20 PM

Unfortunately, I happen to live in a country where visiting a chiropractor is a not-so-typical scenario. But I have heard of the benefits that we can actually get from it. Maybe I should try one time. I will then gladly go back to this thread and post my experience. :)

#9 Mon-Jes

Mon-Jes

Regular

• Pro Shifter
  • 168 posts 12 rep

Posted 21 November 2011 - 01:13 AM

I've heard both good and bad. I haven't been to one myself. Some people really like them, but if you get an idiot, you could get hurt. Solid referrals are a must, I think.

#10 karmaman

karmaman

Regular

• Shifter
  • 56 posts 5 rep

Posted 21 November 2011 - 07:05 PM

I used to visit a chiropractor every week when I was a teenager. I developed scoliosis as a child, and my spine is roughly C shaped. This caused some nerves to become deadened that still occasionally cause me migraines. As a teen I had migraines so bad I wouldn't be able to see or walk for days. I even had temporary numbness on one whole side of my body for a while. The chiropractor used an electrical nerve stimulation treatment on me and fixed a lot of those problems.

#11 kat74

kat74

Regular

• Pro Shifter
  • 154 posts 9 rep

Posted 24 November 2011 - 03:36 AM

I visit my chiropractor every two month because I have a lower backache that doesn't go away no matter what exercise I do. So I go to see the doctor and after the visit, I feel better for a while but after that, the pain comes back.

#12 Shortpoet-GTD

Shortpoet-GTD

Shifted

• Validating
  • 8,025 posts 758 rep

Posted 25 November 2011 - 03:39 AM

A few years back, they had a wellness clinic set up for the weekend. A chiropractor had a "scale" that
measured the number of pounds we carry on one side or the other.
I carried about 75-80% of my weight on one side, so I went in for a few realignments, but yes, it's pricey
without insurance, so I had to stop going.
But it did seem to help.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users