1) $300 is the lowest-cost,, for people who have escaped poverty, to live in shelters
2) Self-built or self-improvable, that lowers the cost, and works to reduce corruption.
3) Low-tech, because we want the slum dwellers themselves to build their house,
. . . as this will generate income for them, and reduce the risk of corruption.
4) Local materials, preferably those that can be found or bought very cheaply.
5) Build greener, cheaper and encourage sustainable homes and communities.
6) Replicable, slums are proliferating faster than any governmentcan cope.
11-23-2017 Source: Tiny #home: $300.- home for the poor