Create a Free Account or Sign In to connect and share in green living and alternative energy forum discussions.

#Solar-it makes sense for our future.

2 replies to this topic

#1 eds

eds

Shifted

• Global Moderator
  • 3,981 posts 263 rep

Posted 18 September 2015 - 06:14 PM

The Vice President emphasized the many good reasons to invest in solar:
. . . . . . Climate Change,
. . . . . . National Security,
. . . . . . Economy,
. . . . . . Moral (Pope).
“I’m not talking about leaving our children a better future.
. . . What’s at stake is whether we have a future at all
. . . If we move now, we can cauterize this wound,
. . . but we have to move fast.”

9-18-2015 Source:  Is Solar a Big Secret?

#2 for a greener Korea

for a greener Korea

• Shifter
  • 5 posts 0 rep

Posted 04 November 2015 - 08:37 AM

Two things we're desperately strugglng on tho, is the efficiency and the financial issue. I'm sad to admit that fossil fuel is still the most attractive energy source that exists, being highly effcient but not pricey.
I mean just look at me, I would be glad to switch to solar power but just can't afford it.

#3 Shortpoet-GTD

Shortpoet-GTD

Shifted

• Validating
  • 8,025 posts 758 rep

Posted 06 November 2015 - 04:35 PM

View Postfor a greener Korea, on 04 November 2015 - 08:37 AM, said:

Two things we're desperately strugglng on tho, is the efficiency and the financial issue. I'm sad to admit that fossil fuel is still the most attractive energy source that exists, being highly effcient but not pricey.
I mean just look at me, I would be glad to switch to solar power but just can't afford it.
As many of us too.
The best you can do is reduce your use.
Invest (a few dollars-maybe up to $20) on surge protector power strips.
When you're done with the computer, tv; whatever; flip the switch to turn it off completely.
All electronics have instant on these days, so they're constantly drawing power (vampire)
even when they're turned "off"
By using power strips (garlic- :laugh: ) you're killing the vampires. CFL's/LED's lights save a boatload of coal being
burned too.
Electronics only take a few moments to power up again when you need them, so it's no biggie.

If possible, set up a solar panel savings account. Take a % of your income weekly or monthly income and don't dip into
it.
It may take a few years, but you can save for one panel, maybe two. And wave buh bye to fossil fuels. :laugh:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users