Create a Free Account or Sign In to connect and share in green living and alternative energy forum discussions.

Gray water

4 replies to this topic

#1 Tom Butler

Tom Butler

Posted 02 February 2015 - 09:40 AM

Based on "The new research suggests that increased land warming, coupled with an increase in frequency of extreme El Niño events, will mean extreme La Niña could occur every 13 years, rather than the 23 years previously seen." “Global warming doubles risk of extreme La Niña event, research shows” from http://www.scienceda...50126124723.htm

The Central and South West region of the USA is going to see more of what it has now, apparently broken up with period of  way too much water. I lived for a while in a fifth-wheel trailer. The gray water system was easy to use and care for.

Has anyone read anything about gray water systems for homes? That might be a way to maintain an outside drip system for some plants.

I know one of possible problem is the need to keep our sewer systems flushed. If only toilet water entered the sewer system, they would probably quickly clog.

Any thoughts?

#2 eds

eds

Shifted

• Global Moderator
  • 3,981 posts 263 rep

Posted 02 February 2015 - 01:22 PM

Recycle plastic water bottle + Recycle water = Drip irrigation for houseplants or garden.

#3 eds

eds

Shifted

• Global Moderator
  • 3,981 posts 263 rep

Posted 02 February 2015 - 02:38 PM

When people consider going solar,
. . . they’re often thinking about their:
. . . . . . Pocketbooks, or
. . . . . . Planet, or
. . . . . . Carbon Pollution,
.but rarely do they think about, . . . Solar Saves . . .  WATER!

Given the devastating drought that’s hit the western US,
. . . selecting an energy source that requires no water is a smart choice.

ENERGY = WATER

Attached Files

#4 Tom Butler

Tom Butler

Posted 02 February 2015 - 03:27 PM

EDS, I am not sure I would want to water vegetables with water dripping from plastic bottles. I would have to look at the chemical issues from hot plastic in the sun. I know we are frequently cautioned about reusing plastic water bottles and to avoided drinking from ones that have been heated.

#5 eds

eds

Shifted

• Global Moderator
  • 3,981 posts 263 rep

Posted 02 February 2015 - 03:37 PM

Use glass bottle then.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users