Create a Free Account or Sign In to connect and share in green living and alternative energy forum discussions.

Electree: Imitates the bonsai with leaves of solar panels

solar photovoltaic

5 replies to this topic

#1 Hayden

Hayden

Admin

• Global Moderator
  • 1,489 posts 72 rep

Posted 11 September 2012 - 06:28 PM

photo-3-electree.jpg

Created by: Vivien Muller

This is one amazing creation! Makes for "useful" living room or office decoration. The Electree allows you to recharge your mobile devices without using any other energy than light. It works indoors only.

Electree is delivered in modules which you assemble to create your own tree. This method makes it possible to produce an infinity of different shapes. You can model it according to your wishes and at the same time optimize the orientation of the photovoltaic cells and thus increase its effectiveness.

The structure is equipped with 27 cells, for a bulk height of roughly 40cm.

Energy produced by the panels during daylight is stored in a base hidden battery. Once charged, this accumulator feeds a USB port.

Check it out or buy it here (hold your breath)

#2 ACSAPA

ACSAPA

Regular

• Pro Shifter
  • 237 posts 21 rep

Posted 14 September 2012 - 05:36 AM

I saw this in another thread. It's beautiful. It looks organic and electronic at the same time. Like a bonsai tree that a cyborg would have in an anime.

#3 fancyfingers

fancyfingers

Regular

• Pro Shifter
  • 149 posts 13 rep

Posted 17 September 2012 - 05:59 AM

View PostACSAPA, on 14 September 2012 - 05:36 AM, said:

I saw this in another thread. It's beautiful. It looks organic and electronic at the same time. Like a bonsai tree that a cyborg would have in an anime.

I agree! To me, it is a functioning piece of art. This was thought out and designed by someone very creative that knows how to incorporate function into the piece too. I want one.

#4 FlanneryCam

FlanneryCam

Regular

• Shifter
  • 92 posts 5 rep

Posted 20 September 2012 - 11:35 AM

Oh my. It is very beautiful. That's the kind of aesthetic I like to see. Electronic stuff looking like nature, using nature to keep our electric stuff growing! Love it.

Is this thing in a reasonable price range? Or are we talking: out of this world beauty and functionality for out of the world prices?

#5 Hayden

Hayden

Admin

• Global Moderator
  • 1,489 posts 72 rep

Posted 20 September 2012 - 02:33 PM

Price included in the link at the end. ;)

#6 Hardison

Hardison

Activist

• Pro Shifter
  • 446 posts 37 rep

Posted 20 September 2012 - 08:22 PM

I agree with everyone else about the beauty of it. It's stunning. It's also pricey. It's about $452USD. Yikes! The OP did warn us though. :biggrin:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users