Create a Free Account or Sign In to connect and share in green living and alternative energy forum discussions.

Starting albums and uploading photos to gallery

7 replies to this topic

#1 James Richard Bailey

James Richard Bailey

Posted 21 July 2012 - 06:13 AM

I am mystified. I click on the gallery tab and don't see any button for "upload" or "start album", and I'm sure there was an upload button the first time I came to this site. I'd happily have a "duh" moment if someone can point out to me how to initiate the process that has been staring me in the face all along. :mellow:

#2 Hayden

Hayden

Admin

• Global Moderator
  • 1,489 posts 72 rep

Posted 21 July 2012 - 11:36 AM

Thanks for your site help question.

I've broken the process up to make process easy to follow...

Attached File  step1.png   327.11K   0 downloads

Attached File  step2.png   361.91K   0 downloads

Attached File  step3.png   394.17K   0 downloads

Attached File  step4.png   203.79K   0 downloads

Attached File  step5.png   205.72K   0 downloads

Attached File  step6.png   238.13K   0 downloads

Attached File  step7.png   231.48K   0 downloads

Attached File  step8.png   394.7K   0 downloads

There was a error that I fixed at the end as well but you never got to that point so would not have affected you.

I can confirm that following the above steps, it will work for you.

Hope this helps.

#3 James Richard Bailey

James Richard Bailey

Posted 29 July 2012 - 09:21 AM

What I don't see is how to create member albums. What you showed was how to post into global albums. I wonder if this isn't why there are, so far, zero member albums.

#4 Hayden

Hayden

Admin

• Global Moderator
  • 1,489 posts 72 rep

Posted 29 July 2012 - 09:40 AM

Yes. We don't allow member albums as companies have used them to upload photos of products just as advertising. Eventually in time that could get confusing. The album button was probably there before but would not have worked. As mentioned above I fixed any errors but uploading photos should work fine.

There's usually a place within the 4 current albums that a photo can fit. Was there's a specific reason you needed to create your own album?

Maybe we can revisit this depending on your needs.

#5 James Richard Bailey

James Richard Bailey

Posted 04 August 2012 - 08:06 AM

The reason I would like my own album is that I am a prolific photographer, and a great many of my shots relate to the topics herein. I've been in the process of building a super energy efficient home for 12 years. It is confusing that you have "global albums" and "member albums" tabbed at the top of the page, but there are no member albums. You can see why I got confused. I guess that I'm just used to the [f]acebook paradigm where photos are categorized into albums. I understand your concern about keeping commercial outfits from using this space to promote their products. Perhaps you should consider having a "sponsor albums" category and charging people to be in it. This site is certainly deserving of funding support. I've worked in public radio for years, and suggest that in this regard you think of it something like business underwriting. I could be persuaded to take on administrative duties of this aspect, if you like.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BELOW:  My three and 1/2 story house in the Chequamegon National Forest of northern Wisconsin. It is constructed with 12" concrete blocks, dry stacked and surface bonded. The insulation (not in place in this photo) will be 4" of extruded polystyrene foam on the OUTSIDE of the building, covered in stucco. There is no more efficient energy storage method for heat known than pure thermal mass. During this summer's super heat wave, with temps in the 90s every day, the average inside daytime temperature is 75 degrees.
Posted Image

#6 Hayden

Hayden

Admin

• Global Moderator
  • 1,489 posts 72 rep

Posted 06 August 2012 - 07:22 AM

Hi James,

I'm going to work on allowing albums this week. However, it will be accessible only to Pro Shifters and above. More about groups here:
http://www.altenergy...ft-user-groups/

By restricting usage to Pro Shifters and above, it will allow the community to use this feature without the additional work load of having to moderate the gallery for SPAM or adult/inappropriate image submissions.

#7 Hayden

Hayden

Admin

• Global Moderator
  • 1,489 posts 72 rep

Posted 06 August 2012 - 07:28 AM

Oh sorry, forgot to add. You mentioned sponsored albums. This is something I will think about since allowing sponsored albums may open up our forums to being too commercial.

However, we do accept donations here: http://www.altenergy...com/pages/about

There's no minimum for donations and once a donation is made (and you have positive Rep points, which you do) you will be moved to the Premium Shifter group which will have full access to Albums.

#8 James Richard Bailey

James Richard Bailey

Posted 07 August 2012 - 02:26 PM

Thanks, that just about covers all of the bases!  :biggrin:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users