Create a Free Account or Sign In to connect and share in green living and alternative energy forum discussions.

Chemtrails

12 replies to this topic

#1 dissn_it

dissn_it

Regular

• Pro Shifter
  • 183 posts 6 rep

Posted 18 June 2012 - 07:02 AM

I don't remember seeing checmtrails until just the last five years or so. They seem to last forever before they finally dissipate. By the time evening rolls around, the sky is full of lines. What are your thoughts on what exactly chemtrails are and do you see them where you live?

#2 Shortpoet-GTD

Shortpoet-GTD

Shifted

• Validating
  • 8,025 posts 758 rep

Posted 18 June 2012 - 09:26 AM

It depends on the heat and humidity of the air. Always been there, but maybe you didn't notice.

#3 still learning

still learning

Activist

• Veteran Shifter
  • 886 posts 162 rep

Posted 18 June 2012 - 11:28 AM

View Postdissn_it, on 18 June 2012 - 07:02 AM, said:

I don't remember seeing checmtrails until just the last five years or so. They seem to last forever before they finally dissipate. By the time evening rolls around, the sky is full of lines. What are your thoughts on what exactly chemtrails are and do you see them where you live?
Contrail = condensation trail
Aircraft contrails have always been around, or at least since aircraft started flying high enough.  I can recall seeing them as a child and that was a long time ago.  Can find World War 2 photos that include contrails.  
Burning gasoline or jet fuel produces both carbon dioxide and water as the main exhaust components.  Get the exhaust up high enough where the air is really cold and the water condenses and even freezes into tiny ice crystals which can remain suspended for quite a long time when conditions are right.  
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Contrail

Chemtrails, on the other hand, are baloney, conspiracy theorist stuff.  http://en.wikipedia....nspiracy_theory

#4 dissn_it

dissn_it

Regular

• Pro Shifter
  • 183 posts 6 rep

Posted 19 June 2012 - 05:34 AM

I have lived in the same area since 1974. I do understand the contrails, that is what we used to see all the time. Now we see chemtrails instead. It is odd to me that they happen all year round, even in the cold winters that we have here. Our humidity level is actually fairly dry most of the time. It seldom gets muggy here. Our summers rarely get above 90 degrees and it is a dry heat. Why would they happen all day long, day after day, all year long?

#5 still learning

still learning

Activist

• Veteran Shifter
  • 886 posts 162 rep

Posted 19 June 2012 - 09:34 AM

View Postdissn_it, on 19 June 2012 - 05:34 AM, said:

...... I do understand the contrails, that is what we used to see all the time. Now we see chemtrails instead

You used to see contrails all the time and now you see chemtrails instead?

What happened to contrails then?

So how do you distinguish between contrails and what you are calling "chemtrails?"

Convince me that "chemtrails" exist. (As something separate from cropdusting and the like.)

(Ground level temperature and humidity aren't very relevant to contrails since temperature drops with altitude and humidity, both relative and absolute, also varies with altitude.  Groundlevel conditions don't indicate the conditions at twenty thousand feet.)

#6 dissn_it

dissn_it

Regular

• Pro Shifter
  • 183 posts 6 rep

Posted 20 June 2012 - 05:33 AM

View Poststill learning, on 19 June 2012 - 09:34 AM, said:

You used to see contrails all the time and now you see chemtrails instead?

What happened to contrails then?

So how do you distinguish between contrails and what you are calling "chemtrails?"

Convince me that "chemtrails" exist. (As something separate from cropdusting and the like.)

(Ground level temperature and humidity aren't very relevant to contrails since temperature drops with altitude and humidity, both relative and absolute, also varies with altitude.  Groundlevel conditions don't indicate the conditions at twenty thousand feet.)
Yes, we used to see contrails and never chemtrails. Now we see chemtrails and rarely a contrail. The difference is in how long they remain in the sky. Contrails dissipate fairly quickly and the chemtrails last for hours. How am I supposed to convince you that chemtrails exist, when I am wanting to know what they are myself?

#7 Shortpoet-GTD

Shortpoet-GTD

Shifted

• Validating
  • 8,025 posts 758 rep

Posted 20 June 2012 - 12:28 PM

http://conspiracies....les/chemtrails/
http://sos.noaa.gov/...ir_traffic.html
Video available on right side of screen.

#8 Dustoffer

Dustoffer

Activist

• Pro Shifter
  • 471 posts 91 rep

Posted 08 June 2014 - 09:43 AM

There most likely is geo-engineering going on without our knowledge.   The aluminum oxide and barium sulfate have gotten into water supplies, and the micro-strands, with them have spiked allergies in areas as reported by Devvy Kidd in "Killing Me Softly?".
Of course, I studied weather a lot to be a pro pilot/teacher.  AGW is doing more than causing the need for geo-engineering tries.
Globally, humidity is greater with greater heat, so high altitude humid conditions cause longer lasting and bigger contrails, too.
It was in Edward Teller's last book (in 1992) and taken to heart by people in government.
The no-fly days of 9-11 saw a temperature spike of +2.5 to 3*F across the USA.  Literally proving the extent of AGW then, and it is worse now.
Where conspiracy theories end and reality begins can be very murky with active selective discounting.
I think chemtrails are real and efforts by governments to keep business as usual going.  This year supposedly focusing more on the Arctic Circle, and the methane emergency (which is, unfortunately, all too REAL).  It also includes rust dumping in oceans to excite phytoplankton populations to absorb more CO2.
Other ways developing for CO2 to be artificially sequestered include making plastics, and nano-technology for "trees".
Of course, everyone on Earth needs to plant 1000 trees per year, to go the natural way. :)

#9 Shortpoet-GTD

Shortpoet-GTD

Shifted

• Validating
  • 8,025 posts 758 rep

Posted 25 June 2014 - 04:49 AM

Update-
studies now being done on adding extra miles to flights. They think that might reduce contrails.
Hmmm?
Via Mother Nature Network-
http://www.mnn.com/g...ct-of-contrails

#10 tiger lily

tiger lily

Curious

• Shifter
  • 12 posts 0 rep

Posted 17 July 2015 - 05:09 PM

I absolutely see them where I live. They criss cross the sky and stay there for hours and hours (even longer than the regular clouds).
I thought it was funny when I heard a weather man say this winter that they only stayed around because of the cold air...lol...that was a joke!
As for cropdusting....umm...no. I have a cropduster that flies over my head every summer for 12 years - when they dust fields they have to fly in very low.

Anyways, I have no idea what they are putting into the air nowadays. God only knows.

#11 Shortpoet-GTD

Shortpoet-GTD

Shifted

• Validating
  • 8,025 posts 758 rep

Posted 18 July 2015 - 03:53 AM

Totally off topic but a bigger issue in my mind is ocean going ships dumping their waste & trash into the waters;
rather than hauling it back to port like they're supposed to and dispose of it properly.
A lot more harm is done with that practice vs jets exhaust.

Once in a blue moon a jet will jettison their fuel if they're about to crash or have a bad landing but other
than that......what would the reasoning be to release chemicals?

http://contrailscience.com/

#12 eds

eds

Shifted

• Global Moderator
  • 3,981 posts 263 rep

Posted 24 July 2015 - 11:24 AM

Vivergy is a website,
. . . that allows individuals to control their impact on local health,
. . . due to contribution to air pollution.

#13 eds

eds

Shifted

• Global Moderator
  • 3,981 posts 263 rep

Posted 07 August 2015 - 03:17 PM

What Do Your Country's Emissions Look Like?

Leveraging data from WRI’s CAIT Climate Data Explorer,
. . . here's emissions data for 2012 by country, and economic sector.

08-07-2015 Source:  Country's Emissions

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users