Create a Free Account or Sign In to connect and share in green living and alternative energy forum discussions.

Apple Cider Vinegar for Diabetes, High BP, Cholesterol & Weight loss.

organic medicine vinegar

31 replies to this topic

#1 Hayden

Hayden

Admin

• Global Moderator
  • 1,489 posts 72 rep

Posted 04 June 2012 - 05:09 PM

There was a recent Ad on Las Vegas radio that they need a few hundred Las Vegas adults to help test some new "promising" chemical drug. But over 7 years now there has been positive test results on rats consuming vinegar indicating that vinegar is useful for those suffering from diabetes, high blood pressure, bad cholesterol and cancer. But somehow its easier to pay people to test a chemical than pay them to take 2 teaspoons of organic apple cider vinegar a day in 8oz of water.

Read more about "admitted" benifits here: http://www.webmd.com...-vinegar?page=2

#2 aphil

aphil

Regular

• Pro Shifter
  • 100 posts 10 rep

Posted 05 June 2012 - 01:17 AM

They completly overlook natural remedies because it will profit them nothing. Apple cider vinegar is great for health and you are right for pointing it out here in contrast to the chemical remedies they offer. People also feel they are able to make a quick buck by participating in a study, but the ill effects of the chemicals they consume will cost them out of pocket later and the biggest proce is not feeling well and having your system be out of balance. Thanks for sharing.

#3 zararina

zararina

Activist

• Veteran Shifter
  • 660 posts 19 rep

Posted 05 June 2012 - 03:19 AM

If the pay for testing chemical and organic like apple cider is the same, maybe people will prefer testing the organic one.
It is scary  to test a chemical medicine specially if the pay is too high since it could mean that the risk with it is high too. Apple cider a day is probably harmless and if proven aid for some health condition, a lot will benefit.

#4 Shortpoet-GTD

Shortpoet-GTD

Shifted

• Validating
  • 8,025 posts 758 rep

Posted 05 June 2012 - 04:46 AM

Big pharma=lots of lobbyists.
Vinegar lobbyists? Zero.

Tip-a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar-equal amount of honey mixed into warm tea will (at least in my case)
eliminate the "frog in your throat" condition.
Will also help balance your ph levels.

#5 mariaandrea

mariaandrea

Activist

• Veteran Shifter
  • 722 posts 146 rep

Posted 05 June 2012 - 09:48 AM

A couple of years ago I had a gall bladder attack. My first. Very, very painful and scary. I didn't have health insurance and nowhere near enough money to go to a clinic. So, I did some internet research (and being a health writer I know which kinds of site to avoid), and found an almost miraculous short-term cure for the pain. Mix a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar into a cup of apple juice and drink it. It's like magic. Of course, for long term, I changed my diet (to high fiber), but I still drink a cup of apple juice and vinegar a few times a week because it's good for you.

Big Pharma played a huge role in blocking health care legislation. It's one of those industries that can do a huge amount of good, but they know that and hold it over us like the sword of Damocles. They need to be tightly regulated and countered at every turn. And we need to educate ourselves about healthy lifestyles and alternative medicines and treatments. Like vinegar.

#6 Shortpoet-GTD

Shortpoet-GTD

Shifted

• Validating
  • 8,025 posts 758 rep

Posted 05 June 2012 - 02:44 PM

The cures of all the illness & disease is either sitting in the rainforest, or in the oceans-which we may not find in time.

(Off topic-sorry)

#7 aphil

aphil

Regular

• Pro Shifter
  • 100 posts 10 rep

Posted 06 June 2012 - 07:53 AM

That is so interesting mariaandrea about how you eased your gall bladder pain. I love apple juice and I want to try it out. Also, a very high point shortpoet about how the ac vinegar helps to balance the ph levels in the body/blood. This is so important for health and recovery.

#8 Sandra Piddock

Sandra Piddock

Activist

• Pro Shifter
  • 329 posts 34 rep

Posted 06 June 2012 - 08:53 AM

I'll always look for natural remedies, but I didn't realise apple cider vinegar was so helpful for so many conditions. It seems that it's better to use it 'as is' rather than in supplement form, as at least you know you're getting a beneficial dose. I have high blood pressure and high cholesterol, and my medication doesn't seem to be helping. I'll try the vinegar cure, I think.

#9 Shortpoet-GTD

Shortpoet-GTD

Shifted

• Validating
  • 8,025 posts 758 rep

Posted 06 June 2012 - 09:50 AM

View PostSandra Piddock, on 06 June 2012 - 08:53 AM, said:

I'll always look for natural remedies, but I didn't realise apple cider vinegar was so helpful for so many conditions. It seems that it's better to use it 'as is' rather than in supplement form, as at least you know you're getting a beneficial dose. I have high blood pressure and high cholesterol, and my medication doesn't seem to be helping. I'll try the vinegar cure, I think.
Check with your doc if you have  one, but you should be taking a good quality Omega 3 also. It helps keep the
blood thinner and may reduce your bp.
I can't post a link-but check out Andrew Lessman on HSN's website. He also has all natural "CholestaCare".
Better than taking man made chemicals to reduce your cholesterol.
(And his entire facility, including the covered parking for employees is covered in solar panels, uses all LED lights.)  :biggrin:

#10 dziomek

dziomek

Regular

• Shifter
  • 54 posts 1 rep

Posted 09 June 2012 - 11:50 PM

I have heard of apple cider vinegar being good for weight loss, but not some of the other conditions. I think I would sooner take a capsule (apple cider vinegar) than actually have to taste the stuff.

#11 Shortpoet-GTD

Shortpoet-GTD

Shifted

• Validating
  • 8,025 posts 758 rep

Posted 10 June 2012 - 02:52 PM

View Postdziomek, on 09 June 2012 - 11:50 PM, said:

I have heard of apple cider vinegar being good for weight loss, but not some of the other conditions. I think I would sooner take a capsule (apple cider vinegar) than actually have to taste the stuff.
Two things-mix it with some extra virgin olive oil, some fresh herbs to dress a salad.

Or make a cup of your favorite tea, mix in honey while it's still hot. Let it cool a minute or so. Mix in 1-2
tablespoons of acv, and drink it down. It may not be the best thing you've ever tasted, but the effects
are worth it. You'll feel so good in a week or so of drinking it, you'll learn to enjoy the taste. :tongue:

#12 dziomek

dziomek

Regular

• Shifter
  • 54 posts 1 rep

Posted 11 June 2012 - 01:39 PM

View PostShortpoet-GTD, on 10 June 2012 - 02:52 PM, said:

Two things-mix it with some extra virgin olive oil, some fresh herbs to dress a salad.

Or make a cup of your favorite tea, mix in honey while it's still hot. Let it cool a minute or so. Mix in 1-2
tablespoons of acv, and drink it down. It may not be the best thing you've ever tasted, but the effects
are worth it. You'll feel so good in a week or so of drinking it, you'll learn to enjoy the taste. :tongue:

That sounds like it might make it more palatable. :) Thank you for the insight. Plus, it will help me increase my daily fluid intake, which I have been neglectful of again lately. Time to put my mug of water next to the computer again.

#13 Pat

Pat

Regular

• Pro Shifter
  • 108 posts 7 rep

Posted 21 June 2012 - 05:00 PM

Recently I was told that my cholesterol levels are too high and was given a prescription to help bring the levels down, but before the doctor wrote the prescription she told how and the medicine is for my kidneys.  I decided to look into an alternative and found all the good benefits apple cider vinegar have including helping with high cholesterol levels. Mustard green, celery and eggplant are good foods also.

#14 Shortpoet-GTD

Shortpoet-GTD

Shifted

• Validating
  • 8,025 posts 758 rep

Posted 22 June 2012 - 03:09 AM

View PostPat, on 21 June 2012 - 05:00 PM, said:

Recently I was told that my cholesterol levels are too high and was given a prescription to help bring the levels down, but before the doctor wrote the prescription she told how and the medicine is for my kidneys.  I decided to look into an alternative and found all the good benefits apple cider vinegar have including helping with high cholesterol levels. Mustard green, celery and eggplant are good foods also.
Phytosterols-plant sterols will help reduce levels.

#15 MyDigitalpoint

MyDigitalpoint

Regular

• Pro Shifter
  • 149 posts 3 rep

Posted 22 June 2012 - 07:18 PM

There are many natural remedies that contribute to improve our health or cure illness in early stage.

However "testing" can be done by oneself instead of undergoing lab tests that are trying to profit from either the chemical or the natural alternative.

#16 dconklin

dconklin

Activist

• Pro Shifter
  • 413 posts 14 rep

Posted 07 July 2012 - 05:29 PM

Please do not take this as a medical recommendation as I can't guarantee it, but has worked for some and may not work for everyone.  I do not know for sure and I am not telling you to stop taking any meds without medical advice, but here is what I have experienced with friends:

I know 2 people that stopped taking their blood pressure medicine and started taking a couple tablespoons of apple cider vinegar a day.  At the Dr appointments their drs assumed that their medicine was working well and 1 of the people told their dr that they haven't taken their meds in 3 months.  Amazed the dr asked him what he was doing and he told him.  It worked for them, but I don't know how well it works for all.

I personally drink apple cider vinegar when I have a sinus infection.  I have not taken antibiotics in years for one.  I drink it straight as nasty as it can be.  It can be mixed with water or honey, but I just down it holding my nose.

I have heard some great things about it too besides things mentioned here.  It definitely won't hurt you!

#17 artistry

artistry

Activist

• Veteran Shifter
  • 852 posts 62 rep

Posted 08 July 2012 - 09:16 AM

Apple cider  vinegar gets rid of acid reflux as well, 2 to 3 tablespoons straight. Omega-3 fish oil capsules, reduce cholesterol, and reduces inflammation, in the body, which decreases pain.

#18 dconklin

dconklin

Activist

• Pro Shifter
  • 413 posts 14 rep

Posted 08 July 2012 - 07:21 PM

View Postartistry, on 08 July 2012 - 09:16 AM, said:

Apple cider  vinegar gets rid of acid reflux as well, 2 to 3 tablespoons straight. Omega-3 fish oil capsules, reduce cholesterol, and reduces inflammation, in the body, which decreases pain.

I have heard something about it helping with acid reflux.  I told my honey to try it since he has a problem with it from his other meds, but he can't bring himself to drink the apple cider vinegar.

#19 Shortpoet-GTD

Shortpoet-GTD

Shifted

• Validating
  • 8,025 posts 758 rep

Posted 09 July 2012 - 03:21 AM

View Postdconklin, on 08 July 2012 - 07:21 PM, said:

I have heard something about it helping with acid reflux.  I told my honey to try it since he has a problem with it from his other meds, but he can't bring himself to drink the apple cider vinegar.
Mix it in with mint or other flavored tea's and of course, add honey. Once it cools a bit-just drink it down.
The positive effects will greatly outweigh any objections to the taste.

#20 artistry

artistry

Activist

• Veteran Shifter
  • 852 posts 62 rep

Posted 09 July 2012 - 05:46 AM

Will not work mixed, it should not be diluted. Others have done that, it does not fix the problem. Ask him to hold his nose. sounds crazy, but it you don't smell it, you will not taste it. Try it, seriously. Good luck, it takes away the acid reflux.Well worth swallowing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users