Create a Free Account or Sign In to connect and share in green living and alternative energy forum discussions.

How do you earn money with recycled boxes?

15 replies to this topic

#1 janayc

janayc

Curious

• Shifter
  • 13 posts 0 rep

Posted 27 March 2012 - 05:07 PM

I have a stock pile of boxes and would like to earn money recycling these boxes.  Give websites, etc., in USA or nationwide.

#2 Shortpoet-GTD

Shortpoet-GTD

Shifted

• Validating
  • 8,025 posts 758 rep

Posted 28 March 2012 - 04:11 AM

You can Google for info, but I doubt anyone pays for recycled boxes.

#3 rbaker_59

rbaker_59

Regular

• Shifter
  • 86 posts 3 rep

Posted 28 March 2012 - 05:53 AM

I haven't heard of anyone buying boxes.

#4 btatro

btatro

Regular

• Pro Shifter
  • 104 posts 1 rep

Posted 15 April 2012 - 09:48 AM

Yeah, I've never heard of anyone paying for cardboard boxes. Maybe you could donate them to someone who needs them for moving?

#5 steph84

steph84

Activist

• Pro Shifter
  • 265 posts 12 rep

Posted 15 April 2012 - 11:03 AM

I know that there are recycling centers around Los Angeles that do recycle cardboard boxes and other paper products. I would like to help, but you would have to supply a zip code first so I can search it for you.

#6 Shortpoet-GTD

Shortpoet-GTD

Shifted

• Validating
  • 8,025 posts 758 rep

Posted 15 April 2012 - 11:14 AM

Just do a solid, and donate them to a storage place.

#7 zararina

zararina

Activist

• Veteran Shifter
  • 660 posts 19 rep

Posted 17 April 2012 - 05:22 AM

Here in our country, junk shop do buy boxes.

Maybe you can search a recycling center near your area. You can also try searching for some individuals who might need those boxes for their own projects or purposes. Or you can try making some artwork from it and then sell the product. :P

#8 4leafclover

4leafclover

Regular

• Shifter
  • 73 posts 4 rep

Posted 17 April 2012 - 12:21 PM

Here in our area, one of the biggest mall (who is an advocate for a green life), buys old cardboard boxes and anything that is made up of paper. Just make sure its a clean and dry trash. They weigh it and each kilo has a corresponding amount. :) I bet they recreate those papers/boxes into another box/packaging material used be the mall itself. :) And honestly, when we did a general cleaning last December, we made a generous amount of money out from paper boxes and trash. :)

#9 MakingCents

MakingCents

Activist

• Pro Shifter
  • 335 posts 23 rep

Posted 17 April 2012 - 01:12 PM

Donate them somewhere, a storage facility or to someone you know who is moving.  I dont' think there's a big market for recycled boxes.

#10 angeldrb

angeldrb

Curious

• Shifter
  • 34 posts 4 rep

Posted 25 April 2012 - 06:34 AM

Junk shops buy cardboard boxes in our country, too. Well, they buy anything made of paper - newspapers, cartons, etc. I suggest you Google for information or look at the directory in your area. If nothing shows up, you might just donate them.

#11 milano

milano

Curious

• Shifter
  • 37 posts 3 rep

Posted 25 April 2012 - 08:12 AM

Try to contact junk shops or recycle centers. There are some junk shops(in my country) that buys packages/boxes or newspapers. From what I have heard, the junk shops then give them to a recycling plant to be converted to pad papers, fertilizers or once again become packages.

#12 Grandma Hugme

Grandma Hugme

Curious

• Shifter
  • 12 posts 0 rep

Posted 11 May 2012 - 05:06 AM

I looked online and found a website that MIGHT be helpful called BoxCycle.com.   Maybe it could help you?

http://www.boxcycle....sell_used_boxes

Grandma Hugme
Search for:  2011WildAnt1109YUM

#13 Pat

Pat

Regular

• Pro Shifter
  • 108 posts 7 rep

Posted 16 May 2012 - 03:05 PM

When I lived in California I know there were people that paid for paper and card board by the pound.

#14 artistry

artistry

Activist

• Veteran Shifter
  • 852 posts 62 rep

Posted 16 May 2012 - 05:13 PM

There could be local  places in your area, which buy bundles of newspapers and cardboard boxes by the pound, as someone else mentioned. If all else fails, try to find a food bank, which may be able to use them, donate them and take a write off on your taxes.
Good luck.

#15 FamilyTreeClimber

FamilyTreeClimber

Activist

• Veteran Shifter
  • 780 posts 98 rep

Posted 16 May 2012 - 07:43 PM

I did a search to see if anything was available for cardboard box recycle.  I came across this page at about.com:

http://recycling.abo...board-Boxes.htm

The gist of the article is that you can make money from selling boxes for reuse to businesses that need a high volume of boxes.  It doesn't offer specific businesses where this can be done though.  If the boxes are smaller, there are businesses like florists, that might be interested in buying them.

There might be recycling centers that take them.  I'm not sure what the payout would be though.

#16 SheforACT

SheforACT

Posted 14 December 2016 - 11:49 PM

You could take these boxes down to a local recycling center where they recycle anything even paper, cans, plastic and more. But the amount of money you can get for cardboard boxes in such places is far less than what you could get if you sell to people as storage or moving boxes.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users