Create a Free Account or Sign In to connect and share in green living and alternative energy forum discussions.

No More Tissue

tissue paper shift

5 replies to this topic

#1 movn4ward

movn4ward

• Shifter
  • 4 posts 0 rep

Posted 06 March 2012 - 07:37 AM

Okay so this is something I have been curious about for a while.

I have heard of people who no longer use bathroom tissue. I am interested, and am aware this is very personal, in knowing how this is eliminated.
Do you use cloths, hands, etc.? I have heard all, mostly on television.
I am being totally serious and would like to know of alternatives. This includes a better tissue to utilize or company that manufactures it using green energy.

#2 Sarah C.

Sarah C.

Regular

• Shifter
  • 87 posts 8 rep

Posted 06 March 2012 - 08:35 AM

For sanitary purposes, I would not eliminate using tissue. What I do is buy Scott toilet paper. It is thinner and not double ply. It lasts a lot longer and it degrades much quicker than most brands. What I have also considered, was installing a bidet into my bathroom. I think that would cut down on tissue use.

#3 bryce12

bryce12

Curious

• Shifter
  • 40 posts 3 rep

Posted 07 March 2012 - 03:20 AM

You can also install a bidet in your toilet. It is used to clean the backside with water. It is used in a lot of countries where they don't use tissue papers. Look for different varieties that are available in your town and get one that seems most suitable.

#4 Jessi

Jessi

Posted 07 March 2012 - 01:52 PM

I'm not one that has cut out toilet paper entirely, nor do I plan to any time soon either. Seventh Generation is a good company that makes all of their paper products using recycled paper, so you might want to check them out. It's a little more expensive, of course, but if you want to support a company that's being more green, they're worth a shot.

#5 Sarah C.

Sarah C.

Regular

• Shifter
  • 87 posts 8 rep

Posted 07 March 2012 - 06:49 PM

View Postbryce12, on 07 March 2012 - 03:20 AM, said:

You can also install a bidet in your toilet. It is used to clean the backside with water. It is used in a lot of countries where they don't use tissue papers. Look for different varieties that are available in your town and get one that seems most suitable.

I wonder why bidets are not common place in the US?

#6 zararina

zararina

Activist

• Veteran Shifter
  • 660 posts 19 rep

Posted 08 March 2012 - 12:07 AM

Yes here majority just uses water and soap to make it more cleaner than just swiping tissues which is also more earth friendly IMO. ;)
Tissues are used on public places where it will be not comfortable to wash it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users