Create a Free Account or Sign In to connect and share in green living and alternative energy forum discussions.

M.I.T. city car-too cute for words.

prototype e-car

2 replies to this topic

#1 Shortpoet-GTD

Shortpoet-GTD

Shifted

• Validating
  • 8,025 posts 758 rep

Posted 27 January 2012 - 04:09 AM

"In Brussels on Tuesday, the commission chief, José Manuel Barroso, inspected a small city-car prototype.
It was the commercial version of the long-gestating CityCar from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology Media Lab.
The trial production of 20 cars and a pilot program are scheduled to begin next year in Spain’s Basque region.
The podlike electric vehicle, whose battery pack would be leased, is a two-seater with 4-wheel drive
and a range in excess of 100 kilometer, or about 60 miles.
Because its wheelbase can collapse, a single parking space can accommodate three vehicles. Driver and passenger enter through a windshield that swings upward."
http://wheels.blogs....-to-production/

Another view of the car here, just ignore the lame headline.
http://grist.org/lis...emed-butt-plug/

#2 mariaandrea

mariaandrea

Activist

• Veteran Shifter
  • 722 posts 146 rep

Posted 27 January 2012 - 05:10 PM

Adorable. I'd drive it. But then, I like odd looking vehicles. There's a tiny bright green electric vehicle I've seen around my neighborhood that only has 3 wheels. It's always parked and I never see the owner, so I don't know anything about it. If I ever seen someone, you bet I'm going to ask about it. You don't own a car like that without expecting people to talk to you about it. :tongue:

I googled 3 wheel cars to see if I could find it, and was astounded at all the different kinds of electric cars are out there. Just do an image search. It's amazing. This one is similar to the one I see all the time.

Posted Image

#3 Shortpoet-GTD

Shortpoet-GTD

Shifted

• Validating
  • 8,025 posts 758 rep

Posted 28 January 2012 - 02:40 AM

View Postmariaandrea, on 27 January 2012 - 05:10 PM, said:

Adorable. I'd drive it. But then, I like odd looking vehicles. There's a tiny bright green electric vehicle I've seen around my neighborhood that only has 3 wheels. It's always parked and I never see the owner, so I don't know anything about it. If I ever seen someone, you bet I'm going to ask about it. You don't own a car like that without expecting people to talk to you about it. :tongue:

I googled 3 wheel cars to see if I could find it, and was astounded at all the different kinds of electric cars are out there. Just do an image search. It's amazing. This one is similar to the one I see all the time.

Posted Image
A banana stump. Beauty. :tongue:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users