Create a Free Account or Sign In to connect and share in green living and alternative energy forum discussions.

A good Brit-Prince Charles.

climate change awareness conservation

4 replies to this topic

#1 Shortpoet-GTD

Shortpoet-GTD

Shifted

• Validating
  • 8,025 posts 758 rep

Posted 18 January 2012 - 03:41 PM

"Prince Charles donates millions to combat climate change.

The International Sustainability Unit is a foundation set up by the Prince of Wales to campaign on
global sustainability.
Active in 34 countries, the Unit (ISU) is working to facilitate consensus on resolving some of the biggest environmental challenges facing the world, specifically those to do with food security, ecosystem resilience and the depletion of our natural resources. It is examining sustainable agriculture, marine ecosystems, and the rainforest.
The Prince's other pet project is Accounting for Sustainability.
It gives businesses advice on how to build sustainability into their day to day operations. They work with businesses, investors and government."

http://www.treehugge...ontent=My Yahoo

Now, if only he could persuade the koch brothers and murdoch to do the same, we
could win this war on CO-2 emissions.

#2 mariaandrea

mariaandrea

Activist

• Veteran Shifter
  • 722 posts 146 rep

Posted 18 January 2012 - 04:33 PM

View PostShortpoet-GTD, on 18 January 2012 - 03:41 PM, said:

"Prince Charles donates millions to combat climate change.

Now, if only he could persuade the koch brothers and murdoch to do the same, we
could win this war on CO-2 emissions.

I've been impressed for years at the commitment Prince Charles has shown to environmental issues, but I have to admit, from your last sentence, I didn't realize you meant this as a humor piece! :biggrin: :wink:

Kidding. We have to learn to work around the likes of them. I can't even bring myself to use their names.

#3 Mon-Jes

Mon-Jes

Regular

• Pro Shifter
  • 168 posts 12 rep

Posted 18 January 2012 - 10:17 PM

He was one of the people avidly promoting organics about 20 years ago, wasn't he? I remember people thinking he was kind of odd for that, yet 20 years later, organics are well accepted as good things.

#4 zararina

zararina

Activist

• Veteran Shifter
  • 660 posts 19 rep

Posted 19 January 2012 - 09:12 AM

That was nie as he could also inspire other royalties to become more environment friendly.
And of course to donate their millions too for the good cause. :biggrin:
Always good to know those who effort in making a better change for our earth.

#5 Shortpoet-GTD

Shortpoet-GTD

Shifted

• Validating
  • 8,025 posts 758 rep

Posted 31 January 2012 - 02:48 AM

More good brits!
If UK retailers can do this, why can't we???

"Waste: Retailers are committed to reduce waste to landfill to below 15% by 2013, but exceeded it in 2011,
sending just 14% of waste to landfill in 2011 - down from 45% in 2005
Transport: Retailers promised to cut delivery emissions from 2005 levels 15% by 2013. By 2011,
they had achieved a 23% reduction
Buildings: Retailers pledged to reduce energy-related emissions from buildings by 25% on 2005 levels and
allowing for growth. They have until 2013 to make the target and by 2011 they had cut emissions by 20%
Refrigeration: Retailers committed to halve emissions from refrigeration by 2013, relative to floor space to allowing for business growth. By 2011, they were 37% lower."

http://www.earthtime...n-targets/1794/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users