Create a Free Account or Sign In to connect and share in green living and alternative energy forum discussions.

Cool trash images.

25 replies to this topic

#1 Shortpoet-GTD

Shortpoet-GTD

Shifted

• Validating
  • 8,025 posts 758 rep

Posted 07 January 2012 - 04:04 AM

http://www.environme...ampaign=scribol

#2 mariaandrea

mariaandrea

Activist

• Veteran Shifter
  • 722 posts 146 rep

Posted 07 January 2012 - 01:15 PM

Wow. Talk about putting a human face on garbage. (sorry B) )

I love starting the day with creativity. So much more soul-satisfying than being angry at the latest news. Those were amazing pieces of art, and I'm always fascinated by the statement ephemeral art that isn't going to last makes, like sand art. Very cool.

#3 Shortpoet-GTD

Shortpoet-GTD

Shifted

• Validating
  • 8,025 posts 758 rep

Posted 08 January 2012 - 03:34 AM

With so much "down" connected to our subjects, I like to find and post the "ups". :laugh:

#4 CrownedClown

CrownedClown

Curious

• Shifter
  • 16 posts 1 rep

Posted 12 January 2012 - 07:35 PM

LoL that's amazing. I really liked the rats scupture(talk about weird taste huh?:D). Can you imagine having one of those in your home and some friend visit and see the pile of garbage and he is like "what's that trash" and you just lower the lights and turn on the projector from the other side and voalia on the wall you seem an amazing image.

#5 zararina

zararina

Activist

• Veteran Shifter
  • 660 posts 19 rep

Posted 13 January 2012 - 08:41 AM

The shadow art from different garbage looks cool and hope it does smell good too. LOL
People behind those work are really creative and resourceful. They have dedication and patience to be able to come out wih a very good output like the samples on that site. Another good way to reuse waste. B)

#6 Shortpoet-GTD

Shortpoet-GTD

Shifted

• Validating
  • 8,025 posts 758 rep

Posted 22 January 2012 - 04:29 AM

More goodies from trash-this time it's music. :thumbsup:

The immensely talented 'Orchestra of Recycled Instruments' seems to have perfected symphonies of several
classical composers, while at the same time perfecting the art of reuse.
Thanks to an innovative program, called Sonidos de la Tierra, needy kids across the country are learning to change their lives through music and recycling.
With the help of more than 100 international sponsors, Sonidos de la Tierra has been able to put otherwise
out of reach classical instruments into the hands of needy Paraguayan youths --
but perhaps the program's greatest contribution comes in special workshops that teach them how to make those instruments themselves, out of recycled materials."

http://www.treehugge...usic-trash.html

#7 artistry

artistry

Activist

• Veteran Shifter
  • 852 posts 62 rep

Posted 24 January 2012 - 08:23 AM

Amazing imagination and creativity. It looks impossible, as you keep looking back and forth, from the shadows created, to the art form as it stands. Thank you.

#8 Shortpoet-GTD

Shortpoet-GTD

Shifted

• Validating
  • 8,025 posts 758 rep

Posted 24 January 2012 - 10:15 AM

View Postartistry, on 24 January 2012 - 08:23 AM, said:

Amazing imagination and creativity. It looks impossible, as you keep looking back and forth, from the shadows created, to the art form as it stands. Thank you.
:biggrin:

#9 joeldgreat

joeldgreat

Regular

• Pro Shifter
  • 162 posts 6 rep

Posted 24 January 2012 - 09:45 PM

Though not as good as the pictures, have some idea on this.

Simple Trash Sculpture

This activity is called a "Trash Sculpture" and is very easy to do. This simple decorative project can provide us with satisfaction and at the same time can help in recycling. Imagine if all of us in the world would do such activity as this one, we could imagine how much resources is saved and recycled.

Materials to prepare.

15 to 20 pieces of light materials as trash. Such materials can be broken glass, small can of milk, chocolate boxes, etc. A glue gun. A pair of scissor. A 4x4 inches ply wood or an old illustration board. A spray paint of different colors.

Procedure.

1.Prepare the light trash materials that you have, at least 15. assort the small, medium and big materials.
2.Get the 4x4 inch illustration board. Make it as a base.
3.Select from the heavy materials the base trash of sculpture.
4.Paste the next big materials until you form a block.
5.Be sure to glue or paste the objects until you form a design.
6.Glue all the materials up to the topmost part of the sculpture.
7.Test if it stands firm. If it falls down, add heavy materials and arrange them artistically.
8.To add the beauty of your design spray different paint color in every side until you are contented with your work.
9.Make an appropriate title for your work.

source : http://expertscolumn...trash-sculpture

#10 Jessi

Jessi

Posted 26 January 2012 - 08:50 PM

I've seen a couple of these before, but not all of them. Some are really awesome.

This one is my favorite:

Posted Image

#11 brihooter

brihooter

Regular

• Shifter
  • 92 posts 2 rep

Posted 02 February 2012 - 03:03 PM

That picture is cool Jessi.  Where did you find that one at?

#12 Jessi

Jessi

Posted 02 February 2012 - 03:26 PM

View Postbrihooter, on 02 February 2012 - 03:03 PM, said:

That picture is cool Jessi.  Where did you find that one at?

It's from the link she posted. If you click through the slideslow, there are a whole bunch of other cool pictures. That one is from the second slide.

#13 Sandra Piddock

Sandra Piddock

Activist

• Pro Shifter
  • 329 posts 34 rep

Posted 20 February 2012 - 08:10 AM

It's more difficult to do that than it is to create a genuine sculpture, because you can't really see where it's going, like you would if you were chipping away at wood, marble or metal. Than factor in the shadow play and you realise just how clever those sculptures are. Hopefully, they earned the creators some cash as well - these are much more creative than a cow in formaldehide or an unmade bed.

#14 j_pin

j_pin

Curious

• Shifter
  • 26 posts 3 rep

Posted 20 February 2012 - 01:53 PM

That was so cool! Thank you for sharing.

I love when artists are able to re-use "waste" in their art. It is a good thing to do and sends so many good messages as well as grabbing people's attention.

#15 bryce12

bryce12

Curious

• Shifter
  • 40 posts 3 rep

Posted 04 March 2012 - 10:33 PM

That looks amazing, thank you so much for sharing it.

The people's creativity never ceases to amaze me, how do they get inspiration for such things?

#16 Shortpoet-GTD

Shortpoet-GTD

Shifted

• Validating
  • 8,025 posts 758 rep

Posted 27 March 2012 - 04:59 AM

These artists that recycle metal are unbelievable.
http://www.ecofriend...crap-metal.html

#17 katdolores

katdolores

Curious

• Shifter
  • 37 posts 1 rep

Posted 01 April 2012 - 07:36 PM

It's amazing how trash can be turned into something beautiful. I have seen these shadow art somewhere before. Me and my friends tried to make something like this out of our old school paper files that we could not use anymore. All that we succeeded in doing were irregular forms and figures that we had different interpretations about. Haha! Still, the experience was fun, and we all went to a recycling facility after to give all our paper junk.

#18 Shortpoet-GTD

Shortpoet-GTD

Shifted

• Validating
  • 8,025 posts 758 rep

Posted 14 April 2012 - 12:14 PM

It's sad that these artists have so much material to work with. But their art is bringing attention to
the plastic waste in our oceans.
http://earth911.com/...m-ocean-litter/

#19 MyDigitalpoint

MyDigitalpoint

Regular

• Pro Shifter
  • 149 posts 3 rep

Posted 14 April 2012 - 03:04 PM

My approach to having artistic trashcans is similar to having outdoor lights and outdoor sound systems: this is having them looking like natural rocks so they can seamless fusion with the natural surrounding.

#20 btatro

btatro

Regular

• Pro Shifter
  • 104 posts 1 rep

Posted 16 April 2012 - 01:04 PM

Posted Image
Also my favorite, the glass and the cigarette are cool touches and add to the dynamic of the "trash" idea.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users