Create a Free Account or Sign In to connect and share in green living and alternative energy forum discussions.

PerfPower Go Green batteries made with recycled materials!

recycle battries electricity

12 replies to this topic

#1 Hayden

Hayden

Admin

• Global Moderator
  • 1,489 posts 72 rep

Posted 30 October 2011 - 03:09 PM

PerfPower Go Green are made with recycled materials and contain no lead, mercury, or cadmium. The company offers a free recycling initiative that allows consumers to recycle PerfPower batteries for free. Used alkaline batteries can be recycled via their free recycling initiative... iRecycled.com.

I just ordered a 24 pack for $9 on Amazon the lowest price I could find.

Attached Files

#2 Guardian

Guardian

Curious

• Shifter
  • 31 posts 4 rep

Posted 30 October 2011 - 03:20 PM

That's great! Hopefully they have the same lasting power as standard batteries and will catch on as a viable competitor. It will help force the other companies to take measures to increase their waste reduction programs.

Thanks for the recycling initiative link, I have a bag full of old batteries that I haven't found anything to do with as my local recycler won't take them.

#3 Hayden

Hayden

Admin

• Global Moderator
  • 1,489 posts 72 rep

Posted 30 October 2011 - 03:40 PM

Sweet glad that helped you out. We all have so much waste no matter what we do and to put it to a greener use is a good start.

#4 artistry

artistry

Activist

• Veteran Shifter
  • 852 posts 62 rep

Posted 04 November 2011 - 07:02 PM

...Neat, next time I need batteries, I will try them. Great idea about the recycling feature. Thanks very much. Love the packaging.

#5 Jabsfreelanceworld

Jabsfreelanceworld

Curious

• Shifter
  • 38 posts 1 rep

Posted 04 November 2011 - 07:21 PM

I had no idea that you could recycle the insides of batteries. I would be curious as to know how this is done. I suppose I should visit the reference links to find out for myself. I am surprised that these batteries work without lead, mercury, or cadmium. But they are alkaline? I am assuming so?

#6 mariaandrea

mariaandrea

Activist

• Veteran Shifter
  • 722 posts 146 rep

Posted 06 November 2011 - 01:24 PM

Sold! I can't believe how cheap that price is. That's cheaper per battery than the generic ones I see in grocery and drugstores. And I love the recycling option and no lead, cadmium or mercury. I generally use rechargeable batteries but I like having some regular ones around for traveling or when batteries are charging.

#7 Ecodisaster

Ecodisaster

Regular

• Pro Shifter
  • 106 posts 9 rep

Posted 06 November 2011 - 11:26 PM

Just today I was replacing my remote's batteries. I felt scared just by touching them, and they weren't even leaking or anything.
I think I am going to give it a try as well.
Again, a new company that surprises me.

#8 Germs

Germs

Regular

• Pro Shifter
  • 139 posts 1 rep

Posted 08 November 2011 - 09:35 AM

Very nice idea, will be ordering some as i need batteries, just need to wait for payday.

#9 jasserEnv

jasserEnv

Activist

• Pro Shifter
  • 406 posts 45 rep

Posted 11 November 2011 - 10:25 AM

It is good to see batteries being properly recycled and being made of less environmentally damaging materials. However, I always have to wonder at the costs of recycling batteries versus using rechargeable given the energy required to transport and recycle them. People just seem too eager to buy products instead of doing the reuse portion of reduce, reuse, recycle.

#10 Ecodisaster

Ecodisaster

Regular

• Pro Shifter
  • 106 posts 9 rep

Posted 11 November 2011 - 02:59 PM

Ok so I finally received them. So far, my radios are working great.
Thanks for the tip, let's hope they are good so we can keep getting them.

#11 rbaker_59

rbaker_59

Regular

• Shifter
  • 86 posts 3 rep

Posted 03 March 2012 - 10:08 AM

I love the Amazon site simply because they have a lot of daily deals.  If you watch them daily, you can find some really good deals and I have seen deals on batteries also.  I really appreciate the recycling idea that this company is doing.

#12 Pat

Pat

Regular

• Pro Shifter
  • 108 posts 7 rep

Posted 18 April 2012 - 01:22 PM

We will be using these instead of the rechargeable ones we have been using.  The kids go through so many batteries with all of the games and things. They are always taking batties from one remote to put into another remote of some kind.

It seems we purchase batteries by the ton and have a ton of dead ones sitting around.

#13 zararina

zararina

Activist

• Veteran Shifter
  • 660 posts 19 rep

Posted 19 April 2012 - 08:01 AM

I only use a battery for my wall clock and hopes I could find that Go green battery in the market here. :biggrin:
And I agree that it was really cheaper compared to other batteries available here. Just hope it could be used for a longer period of time too or heavy duty.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users