Create a Free Account or Sign In to connect and share in green living and alternative energy forum discussions.

Your Eco-gift ideas for Mothers/Fathers day this year?

6 replies to this topic

#1 Shortpoet-GTD

Shortpoet-GTD

Shifted

• Validating
  • 8,025 posts 758 rep

Posted 08 May 2012 - 03:10 AM

What will you do differently this year to honor your folks?
Consumerism is so last year,
but we still need to show them we care and appreciate their hard work and sacrifice.

Your Eco-friendly ideas?

#2 mariaandrea

mariaandrea

Activist

• Veteran Shifter
  • 722 posts 146 rep

Posted 08 May 2012 - 10:11 AM

Well, I don't honor my folks, but I've asked my kids for the same thing I ask of them every year. They cook breakfast for me, which I get to eat in bed and they cook dinner (all meals made with organic foods) which we eat together with candles (turn out the lights and conserve electricity) and the whole shebang to make it special and in between they clean the entire house (with eco-friendly products, of course).

This year, since my daughter turned 21, I'm also asking for a bottle of wine from a small, local winemaker (help sustain local businesses) because, as I tell them, they're the reason I drink... :wink: :biggrin: :tongue:

#3 Shortpoet-GTD

Shortpoet-GTD

Shifted

• Validating
  • 8,025 posts 758 rep

Posted 08 May 2012 - 02:26 PM

Good one. :laugh:

#4 JBMedia

JBMedia

Regular

• Pro Shifter
  • 104 posts 3 rep

Posted 08 May 2012 - 04:07 PM

My father loves beer and airplanes. I know you can buy these things already, but I'm going to try to make a model of an airplane out of beer cans that I have yet to see. I'm pretty sure I'm going to try to make a Stealth jet since that's my fathers favorite aircraft. It's going to be quite a daunting task, but I believe I can pull it off.

Wish me luck!

#5 Shortpoet-GTD

Shortpoet-GTD

Shifted

• Validating
  • 8,025 posts 758 rep

Posted 09 May 2012 - 03:40 AM

View PostJBMedia, on 08 May 2012 - 04:07 PM, said:

My father loves beer and airplanes. I know you can buy these things already, but I'm going to try to make a model of an airplane out of beer cans that I have yet to see. I'm pretty sure I'm going to try to make a Stealth jet since that's my fathers favorite aircraft. It's going to be quite a daunting task, but I believe I can pull it off.

Wish me luck!
Not to throw a monkey in your wrench-but I hope you use old beer cans. Beer uses a lot of water to produce.
"In order to process a single barrel of beer (32 gallons of booze), 1,500 gallons of water are sucked down."
Source.

#6 Green Thumb

Green Thumb

Regular

• Pro Shifter
  • 135 posts 7 rep

Posted 09 May 2012 - 09:39 PM

I remember my mom told me she wanted to buy these small chickens (the size of quail) and breed them or something. And she also said she wanted to buy a pair for her lone white goose. I think it will make her happy if I gave her the money to buy them so that’s what I’ll do this Mother’s Day. :biggrin:

#7 steph84

steph84

Activist

• Pro Shifter
  • 265 posts 12 rep

Posted 20 May 2012 - 07:46 PM

I am probably going to try to find a green gift related to gardening for my stepdad. He is the one who taught me to go farm and got me into organic farming. He is also an avid hiker so I was thinking of getting him a backpack with solar panels.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users