Create a Free Account or Sign In to connect and share in green living and alternative energy forum discussions.

Introduction to Renewable Energy - FREE Online Course

renewable energy alternative energy

2 replies to this topic

#1 Hayden

Hayden

Admin

• Global Moderator
  • 1,489 posts 72 rep

Posted 05 April 2012 - 11:38 AM

Attached File  solarenergyintl.png   36.94K   2 downloads

Dear Shifters,

I'd like to draw your attention to an alternative energy intro course that I've recently signed up for. It's from one of our website sponsors Solar Energy International. This free Introduction to Renewable Energy six week course is open for registration.

The online course for those who wish to learn the basics of renewable energy - including where it is found, how we can harvest it for use in our homes and how it can help ease pressures on the environment. You will not become an expert through this course, but you will get to know renewable energy in its many forms - helping you to decide whether solar, wind or other technologies are right for you.

Lessons Include:

1. Why Renewable Energy?
   2. Conservation & Efficiency
   3. Green Building
   4. Solar Thermal
   5. Solar Electricity
   6. Wind Power
   7. Micro-Hydro
   8. Other Renewable Energy
   9. Renewable Energy for the Developing World
  10. Economics of Renewable Energy

Upon completion of the course - with good quiz grades - you will receive the following:

• A printable SEI Record of Completion

Signup for the free course here:
http://www.solarener...e-online-course

We hope this proves of great value to our community!

#2 cees1

cees1

• Shifter
  • 1 posts 0 rep

Posted 06 April 2012 - 02:15 AM

Now a days energy environment is critical issues. All countries facing same problem. Preserving the non renewable energy is one of main issues coming in the market and how to utilize more and more renewable energy is one of the important factor. Some of the colleges are taking initiative towards energy education. One of the college in India whose name is college of energy, environment and sustainability is very good college and taking many initiative towards energy conservation and provides online courses in energy management.

#3 steph84

steph84

Activist

• Pro Shifter
  • 265 posts 12 rep

Posted 12 April 2012 - 07:47 PM

Thanks for sharing this free online course! I would love to learn about renewable energy. This type of information isn't available in my community and I just wish I had the resources to educate many people. I will be sure to look out for more opportunities like this and share them with the forum.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users