Create a Free Account or Sign In to connect and share in green living and alternative energy forum discussions.

Wrecking US government #ClimateChange expertise

7 replies to this topic

#1 still learning

still learning

Activist

• Veteran Shifter
  • 886 posts 162 rep

Posted 20 July 2017 - 06:06 PM

We're all aware of the anthropogenic climate change denialist position of the current administration in Washington DC.  In spite of ambiguous statements earlier, the counter-factual position of the elected and appointed people in the high-level positions in the executive branch of the US government is now clear, six months into this administration.

Unsurprisingly, there are now actions being taken to remove/reassign professionals in lower levels of government.  Dissipating the assembled expertise of scientific groups.

How about a thread to document such things?

#2 still learning

still learning

Activist

• Veteran Shifter
  • 886 posts 162 rep

Posted 20 July 2017 - 06:35 PM

An instance of a Department of Interior guy being reassigned to a job in which he has no expertise:

https://www.washingt...tm_term=.9df7c7

#3 still learning

still learning

Activist

• Veteran Shifter
  • 886 posts 162 rep

Posted 24 July 2017 - 04:53 PM

Some US Senators, members of the Energy and Natural Resources Committee, are asking for an investigation of Interior Department job reassignments.
see  https://insideclimat...ists-reassigned

#4 Shortpoet-GTD

Shortpoet-GTD

Shifted

• Validating
  • 8,025 posts 758 rep

Posted 25 July 2017 - 03:07 PM

This "administration" (and I use that term loosely) is all about money. trump (small t-no respect) & his minions could
care less about the environment or their country or government for that matter.
Every single one of them has no "expertise" in the fields they were hired to cover; including the Orange suit.
He's a carnival barker with bad morals & bad taste.

They don't want experts in various positions because they might upset trumps "let's roll over the Americans
that don't agree with me" apple cart mindset.
They don't respect intelligence; don't want to hear anything from intelligent people because he knows
they won't agree with him. (moron that he is)

There are several "alternative" resistance workers that tweet often i.e. Alternative Interior Department Alternative
Forest Service; etc. There are over 400 of them on twitter.
trump cannot silence us.

All we can do is to continue to fight him & his minions. They get fired or quit so the "staff" gets smaller daily.
We will #ImpeachTrump but in the meantime; we have to continue to do the things that we do.
Conserve Recycle Spread the Word Re-invent

We all thought that bush2 was bad (& he was no doubt). He set us back on protecting our precious Earth by
decades & then this nimrod comes along.

But mayors & governors & other countries & their leaders are sticking with the Paris agreement.
#ClimateChange will still kick our butts (it already is) but maybe, just maybe we can lessen the blows a bit.

I remain optimistic (don't ask me why) that we will elect an intelligent leader next go round that is elected
freely without hacks from russia & put good environmental policies into place.

Lastly, Thanks Still Learning.
It's been awhile since you chimed in. It's good to hear your thoughts. You always
were a good contributor (even though we didn't always agree) I know you have Earth's best interest (and the living
creatures on it) in your heart.

#5 still learning

still learning

Activist

• Veteran Shifter
  • 886 posts 162 rep

Posted 02 August 2017 - 07:22 AM

Resignations too.  Elizabeth Southerland resigning from the EPA
see http://thehill.com/n...of-agency-under

#6 Shortpoet-GTD

Shortpoet-GTD

Shifted

• Validating
  • 8,025 posts 758 rep

Posted 03 August 2017 - 02:18 PM

Every day people either quit or get fired from trumps "administration" Clueless, dangerous, unhinged.

#7 still learning

still learning

Activist

• Veteran Shifter
  • 886 posts 162 rep

Posted 06 August 2017 - 06:26 PM

Worthwhile reading (in my opinion) is an article in Vanity Fair entitled "Why the scariest nuclear threat may be coming from the White House."

Mostly about the current administration's non-management of the US Department of Energy.

See https://www.vanityfa...eam=top-stories

#8 Shortpoet-GTD

Shortpoet-GTD

Shifted

• Validating
  • 8,025 posts 758 rep

Posted 08 August 2017 - 03:44 PM

dt is yelling "fire" about no. korea. Mad man there is talking about bombing Guam.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users