Create a Free Account or Sign In to connect and share in green living and alternative energy forum discussions.

How To (Literally) Save Earth

3 replies to this topic

#1 eds

eds

Shifted

• Global Moderator
  • 3,981 posts 263 rep

Posted 10 October 2016 - 06:42 AM

Is Soil important?

#2 Shortpoet-GTD

Shortpoet-GTD

Shifted

• Validating
  • 8,025 posts 758 rep

Posted 15 October 2016 - 02:39 PM

Make new stuff with your com-poster. I've used  a compost tumbler for over 10 years; before that it was compost piles.

When I moved into this house; whole yard was rock solid clay. Now 15 years later, I can put a spade in any part
of my yard in bare feet!! :laugh:
Ton's of healthy trees, and numerous varieties of flowers and flowering bushes; all thriving due to compost
enriched soils.

(Also 6 happy and healthy frogs too) :laugh:

#3 SheforACT

SheforACT

Posted 08 December 2016 - 05:10 AM

Soil is the literal foundation for much of life, yet we treat soil like... well, like dirt. Maybe that's because, most of the time, soil takes care of itself; decomposing plants and animals and degrading bedrock produce new soil at roughly the same pace that wind and water erode it away. The best way to save earth is by bringing erosion back into balance with the rate at which soil forms And this can be achieved by plowing less often, and leaving plant parts behind or plant so-called ‘cover crops’ to cover the soil for the enrichment and protection against water and wind.

#4 eds

eds

Shifted

• Global Moderator
  • 3,981 posts 263 rep

Posted 08 December 2016 - 12:58 PM

Zero Energy Schools Accelerator

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users