Create a Free Account or Sign In to connect and share in green living and alternative energy forum discussions.

Chronic fatigue syndrome

1 reply to this topic

#1 pelagia

pelagia

Curious

• Shifter
  • 16 posts 3 rep

Posted 15 June 2015 - 02:10 PM

Hi guys. My boyfriend has recently been diagnosed with chronic fatigues syndrome,
after half a year of being ignored by doctors although he was bed-bound and could not get out of the house because he felt so tired and ill .
Simply because blood tests didn't come up with anything. I just wanted to say that my heart goes out to anyone else struggling with this condition, and that after long research and fighting
against the general conception that chronic fatigue syndrome is a psychological condition, caused by depression (wrong! it is mitochondrial failure and hence a biochemical problem), we have found that a new diet can really really help.
My boyfriend is on the paleo diet, and it has changed his life.
Other diets are also adapted for it, like the ketogenic diet, but all I can say is, research on it yourself, since this is how we found out about it, and this is how you will understand it best - don't believe things without having built your own opinion.
That's the problem of modern medicine, people believe whatever their doctors tell them, and most of the time believe it or not, they actually have no idea.

#2 Shortpoet-GTD

Shortpoet-GTD

Shifted

• Validating
  • 8,025 posts 758 rep

Posted 18 June 2015 - 05:54 AM

Agreed. Too many people put 100% faith in whatever the doc's tell them.
Sure, they have a better idea than laymen but they don't know everything.

Also, what's good for Jane might not be good for John.
They're also realizing that women metabolize medicines/supplements differently than men (duh) although most
medications are still manufactured by one standard.

But in recent years, doc's are finally realizing that a person's diet can have an adverse or good effect on a person's
overall well being.

The two main issues are salt and sugar. They're in everything. Trans-fat's are also an issue and not enough
people read labels.

Eating clean and taking good supplements (not the rock hard tablets found in most stores; full of fillers, binders and
other additives)
(I can't post the link (spam) but Andrew Lessman via HSN sells quality vitamins/supplements that are pure and his
plant runs on solar-check it out)

Also drinking Apple Cider Vinegar in tea or added to various meals and salads will help the gut issue so
many suffer from these days. Vinegars also help keep blood sugar's in the healthy range.

Shop the outer area's of stores (produce, dairy (if still tolerated) fish) and stay away from the inner aisles
of the store where all the processed, packaged junk is sold.

And thanks for posting that and welcome to the forums. :biggrin:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users