Create a Free Account or Sign In to connect and share in green living and alternative energy forum discussions.

#Disruption #ClimateChange documentary film 9/7/14

5 replies to this topic

#1 Shortpoet-GTD

Shortpoet-GTD

Shifted

• Validating
  • 8,025 posts 758 rep

Posted 31 August 2014 - 05:00 AM

It will be released on 9/7/14 on-line for free.
It's a hard look at climate change.
Via Eco Watch-
http://ecowatch.com/...n-watch-sept-7/

http://ecowatch.com/...n-times-square/

See also-
http://www.altenergy...-world-history/

#2 Dustoffer

Dustoffer

Activist

• Pro Shifter
  • 471 posts 91 rep

Posted 01 September 2014 - 10:25 AM

I pledged to watch it.   The closest screening is  a 3 hour drive to Boulder.

#3 Shortpoet-GTD

Shortpoet-GTD

Shifted

• Validating
  • 8,025 posts 758 rep

Posted 02 September 2014 - 02:53 PM

View PostDustoffer, on 01 September 2014 - 10:25 AM, said:

I pledged to watch it.   The closest screening is  a 3 hour drive to Boulder.
Save your gas; it'll be on-line for free.

#4 Dustoffer

Dustoffer

Activist

• Pro Shifter
  • 471 posts 91 rep

Posted 05 September 2014 - 02:46 PM

I lived in Grand junction a couple years, with Utah's Arches, the Colorado River, Lake Powell when it was nice, and Canyonlands were all our playground.
Documentary Exposes Fossil Fuel Industries Assault on the Wild West

Anastasia Pantsios | September 4, 2014 4:21 pm | Comments

167 39
1 222
Posted Image
"Sometimes it seems like there’s no frontier left unspoiled by greed and the potential for profit. Posted ImageA million acres of pristine wilderness in Utah could look like this after being strip mined for tar sands and oil shale. Photo credit: Last Rush for the Wild West
A new documentary, Last Rush for the Wild West: Tar Sands, Oil Shale and the American Frontier, by filmmaker Jennifer Eckstrom, talks about another piece of the American landscape under assault from the fossil fuel industry: the strip mining of more than a million acres of tar sands and oil shale in eastern Utah. It addresses the wilderness landscapes that would be destroyed, increased pollution it would bring to already heavily polluted Salt Lake City and threat to the Colorado River watershed, which provides drinking water to 36 million people.
The state of Utah has already approved the project despite a lack of studies about the potential impact on the water supply, and there has already been strong backlash."   EW

#5 still learning

still learning

Activist

• Veteran Shifter
  • 886 posts 162 rep

Posted 12 September 2014 - 01:11 PM

I viewed "Disruption" online.  If the intent was to generate enthusiasm for participating in the September 21 march/demonstration in New York, I guess maybe it'll help do that in those who accept the reality of climate change.  It's too far for me to walk to, and burning a lot of fossil fuel to get there seems inappropriate, so I won't attend.       As a means of informing the climate change uninformed, or of enlightening the misinformed or as a means of dissuading those who deliberately misinform others about climate change, I don't see that it'll have much effect.  There's even enough inaccuracy in it to give detractors/deniers something to harp about.

#6 Shortpoet-GTD

Shortpoet-GTD

Shifted

• Validating
  • 8,025 posts 758 rep

Posted 13 September 2014 - 03:18 AM

View Poststill learning, on 12 September 2014 - 01:11 PM, said:

I viewed "Disruption" online.  If the intent was to generate enthusiasm for participating in the September 21 march/demonstration in New York, I guess maybe it'll help do that in those who accept the reality of climate change.  It's too far for me to walk to, and burning a lot of fossil fuel to get there seems inappropriate, so I won't attend.    As a means of informing the climate change uninformed, or of enlightening the misinformed or as a means of dissuading those who deliberately misinform others about climate change, I don't see that it'll have much effect.  There's even enough inaccuracy in it to give detractors/deniers something to harp about.
With few exceptions; it has been my experience that deniers are too stubborn to see it-refuse to see it because
it means they were wrong. People don't like to admit they're wrong; even in the face of overwhelming facts.
I haven't watched the film yet but as to changing deniers minds-good luck with that. :wacko:

Here's the link to watch it on-line.
http://watchdisruption.com/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users