Create a Free Account or Sign In to connect and share in green living and alternative energy forum discussions.

Reply to enter: $100 Whole Foods Market Gift Card Giveaway!

giveaway whole foods

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

16 replies to this topic

#1 Hayden

Hayden

Admin

• Global Moderator
  • 1,489 posts 72 rep

Posted 18 September 2011 - 02:35 PM

To enter this giveaway for your chance to win a $100 Whole Foods Market Gift Card follow these two simple steps.

Step One - Sign up free, (it takes only a few seconds):
Select one... Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Step Two - Reply below to the following question:
What changes have you made or are planning in order to make the shift to living green or helping save our planet?

Posted Image

1st Prize: $100 Whole Foods Market Gift Card!

2nd Prize: $30 Whole Foods Market Gift Card! - 3rd Prize: $20 Whole Foods Market Gift Card!

AltEnergyShift is a free online community for members to discuss green living and alternative energy sources. It great to have you here! Once you complete the free sign up you'll see the "Reply to this topic" box at the bottom of this page.

Winners will be chosen randomly and announced November 25th 2011!

Good luck!

Hayden James
AltEnergyShift.com

This contest is privately held and not endorsed or sponsored by Whole Foods Market.

#2 Cyndy Trivella

Cyndy Trivella

• Shifter
  • 1 posts 0 rep

Posted 20 September 2011 - 12:44 PM

As of January 2011, I only print documents as a last resort and also donate all used ink cartridges to a pet charity.

#3 Kelhosseiny

Kelhosseiny

• Shifter
  • 1 posts 0 rep

Posted 21 September 2011 - 08:17 AM

In my family we recycle all paper, cans, and plastics

#4 zararina

zararina

Activist

• Veteran Shifter
  • 660 posts 19 rep

Posted 23 September 2011 - 06:14 AM

Ever since, we separate all recyclable things that a junk shop will buy just like cans and plastic bottles since it is an extra income and at the same time good for the environment.  Also saving electricity (unplugging unused devices) and lessening water consumption (reusing water from dish/clothes washing for cleaning the floor or rags).
Just recently, I am trying my best to always bring with me a reusable shopping bag to lessen the need for plastic bags when buying something.

#5 jasserEnv

jasserEnv

Activist

• Pro Shifter
  • 406 posts 45 rep

Posted 23 September 2011 - 01:20 PM

My personal activities that have been ongoing for a decade have been to:

- join an environmental group that works to protect land from development
- lobby my local government to increase recycling and composting
- wherever possible, buy products made in countries where environmental standards are enforced
- mail back excessive packaging to product makers along with a note indicating how they could reduce the waste of their packaging
- do as much as possible to make sure everything in my home from my furnace to fridge to air conditioner is as efficient as possible
- get as much of my food from local farmer's markets as possible
- decide to live downtown despite the considerably higher cost of housing and smaller living space
- only have 1 child

Little by little, we can move in the right direction...

#6 Monkey Doctor

Monkey Doctor

Curious

• Shifter
  • 26 posts 3 rep

Posted 28 September 2011 - 11:40 AM

The changes I have made to my lifestyle in order to help save the planet are as follows.

All the electricity I use for personal and buisness use comes from 100% renewable sources. I buy my electricity from a company that only pays for renewable energy.

We are getting rid of our car. We only used it on special occasions but have decided to try and live without a car. This will be a challenge but we are going to give it our best shot.

Recycle/reuse everything possible. I not only recycle using the council run services, I also give all my old clothes/furniture/electrical items to charity. Anything electrical that is broken I try to fix. If it can't be fixed then I will strip it of all its useful pieces and recycle the rest. I have been campaigning for my local council to improve the recycling in my area which has payed off. this week every household in my neighbourhood has now got a bin to recycle there waste in.

Compost everything possible. This includes paper. I prefer to compost paper than to recycle it in the conventional way.

Encourage other people to compost/recycle/use public transport/buy sustainable electricity. I am really annoying but it is worth it for the price of the planet.

I buy local organic vegetables.

Write to supermarkets & food producers telling them that I am boycotting them if they use excessive packaging.

I grow as much food & fuel as humanly possible in the small space I have.

Support environmental groups.

Put pressure on the government to be lenient on people arrested for direct action against climate change.

Support direct action against buisnesses that are blatantly not helping the environment.

#7 A. Steffens

A. Steffens

• Shifter
  • 3 posts 1 rep

Posted 05 October 2011 - 08:12 AM

I no longer use plastic or paper at the grocery store, but have purchased enough canvas bags to replace the others. It seems like a small thing, but when I see those plastic bags floating all over the darn planet, I can at least feel like I'm not contributing to that problem. We also compost, recycle, buy products with the least packaging, have fuel efficient cars and fuel efficient appliances. If everyone does a little, the impact is large.

#8 Mon-Jes

Mon-Jes

Regular

• Pro Shifter
  • 168 posts 12 rep

Posted 06 October 2011 - 03:12 PM

I recycle what I can -- which usually leads to strange looks from people as I try to separate every last bit of cardboard from that empty battery container -- and am doing what I can to learn how best to use leftovers instead of letting them sit in a container and go bad. I also use natural cleaners like vinegar when I can.

#9 killnon2

killnon2

• Shifter
  • 2 posts 0 rep

Posted 10 October 2011 - 03:56 PM

I have not made many changes at all to save our planet, but I do plan on riding the bus a lot more often and recycling cans, plastic, etc.

#10 milkdonormama

milkdonormama

Curious

• Shifter
  • 12 posts 0 rep

Posted 11 October 2011 - 10:49 AM

This would be a huge blessing to my family!

#11 wneely

wneely

Curious

• Shifter
  • 19 posts 3 rep

Posted 02 November 2011 - 08:21 PM

We recycle everything that can go into the recycle bin and reuse as much of what's left as possible.

We also open the curtains for light during the day and use lap blankets instead of turning up the heat.

One of my favorite things we do to reduce waste is our weekly fenfer night.  On Thursdays everyone gets to fend for themselves so that all the leftovers get eaten.  ;)

#12 Ecodisaster

Ecodisaster

Regular

• Pro Shifter
  • 106 posts 9 rep

Posted 03 November 2011 - 01:57 PM

First I have almost gone completely paperless (99%)
Second I am planning on going 100% solar powered by the next year.
Third, I volunteer to clean state parks

Thank you altenergyshift for the chance to win.

#13 Usty

Usty

Curious

• Shifter
  • 46 posts 0 rep

Posted 03 November 2011 - 04:03 PM

When I'm Traveling solo, I go by bike.I didn't start doing this solely because of the need to go green. That's more of a happy coincidence than concrete reason. I just don't see the need to deal with gas prices when bicycling around is a viable alternative.When given choices, I like to weigh pros and cons. The only constant con I can think of is getting quested for my reasons for riding a bike. People wondering what I'll do when it rains. I suppose jackets and a hat under my helmet are out of the question? I don't care about why everyone else insists upon using cars as their only means of transport, so I think they should get off my back about having options.

#14 tigerlily78

tigerlily78

Activist

• Global Moderator
  • 250 posts 71 rep

Posted 10 November 2011 - 06:17 AM

Not sure if I am eligible for this contest, but I always buy my Thanksgiving bird at Whole Foods, so it's worth a shot.  :)

I have long been a recycler and a composter. I have rainbarrels I use to do most of my outdoor watering in the summer, I have a small food garden and herbs. I do the reusable grocery bags thing, and use a reusable water bottle for taking water on the go.

I tend to keep my house temperature in the winter a few degrees cooler than most and make up the difference wearing layers and slippers... it does make a noticable dent in the winter heating bill. :)

I am a conscious consumer... meaning when I do finally break down and decide I need to buy anything sizeable I do a lot of research and try to make the best decision in terms of value and sustainability. I'd rather pay more for something made well that will last a long time, than buy something cheap that will just stop working or will fall apart prematurely.

#15 Hayden

Hayden

Admin

• Global Moderator
  • 1,489 posts 72 rep

Posted 16 November 2011 - 07:08 PM

Almost time!! :)

#16 Hayden

Hayden

Admin

• Global Moderator
  • 1,489 posts 72 rep

Posted 23 November 2011 - 07:55 PM

Update: Winners will be announced on Friday!

#17 Hayden

Hayden

Admin

• Global Moderator
  • 1,489 posts 72 rep

Posted 25 November 2011 - 11:22 PM

And the winners are!... 1st -Cyndy Trivella, 2nd-wneely and 3rd-killnon2. Please send me a PM to collect your prizes!

Congrats!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users