Create a Free Account or Sign In to connect and share in green living and alternative energy forum discussions.

Profit from Green Living to Support Non-Profit

3 replies to this topic

#1 MyDigitalpoint

MyDigitalpoint

Regular

• Pro Shifter
  • 149 posts 3 rep

Posted 07 May 2012 - 12:55 AM

I came across with this article that sounds kind of weird and yet interesting because the leading idea behind this eco-friendly project,  just read on,

A Green Dream Becomes Reality

Bill and Jaye Yarrow are leaving an environmental legacy to the world's youth through their company, Four Green Steps

Tucked into a small office in the Town of Mount Royal is Four reen Steps, a young, ecoriendly company that enourages people to live a beter, longer life by going green.

Its comprehensive website shows people how to live sustainably by purchasing green products, reading about green practices and participating in green initiatives.

Co-founders Bill and Jaye Yarrow created this webbased company after Bill fell chronically ill nine years ago.

"We joke and say he now has an expiry date," says Jaye, Bill's wife and the company president. Bill wants to leave a legacy to the world's youth.

Since the couple has always been environmentally conscious, creating Four Green Steps came naturally.

The Yarrows' objective was to be a profit-for-non-profit company - that is, to make a profit in order to support their non-profit programs.

Full story here

#2 mariaandrea

mariaandrea

Activist

• Veteran Shifter
  • 722 posts 146 rep

Posted 07 May 2012 - 07:46 AM

That's very inspiring. How to use a for-profit company to fund a non-profit company. Which is ideal in my eyes, and scalable, because large businesses could follow that model (beyond even corporate giving) and so can entrepreneurs and small business owners.

#3 zararina

zararina

Activist

• Veteran Shifter
  • 660 posts 19 rep

Posted 08 May 2012 - 06:03 AM

That was a noble aim or goal in running a business. ;)
Their act of encouraging people to live green and purchase green products is already a good deed. That will help more people be aware or be conscious of what we are purchasing and what are purchases can impact our environment.

#4 steph84

steph84

Activist

• Pro Shifter
  • 265 posts 12 rep

Posted 08 May 2012 - 10:05 AM

I always admire companies that put their profits to use and giving proceeds to other causes. I think it just strengthens their reputation and I hope more people buy from them for it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users