Create a Free Account or Sign In to connect and share in green living and alternative energy forum discussions.

Recycling old computers.

4 replies to this topic

#1 agoodwriter

agoodwriter

• Shifter
  • 8 posts 0 rep

Posted 08 April 2012 - 08:22 AM

Hey.

I need help with this one. I got about 30 old laptops which doesn't work. What would be the best way to recycle them or should i just throw them oway?

Thanks for your help friends.

#2 aphil

aphil

Regular

• Pro Shifter
  • 100 posts 10 rep

Posted 08 April 2012 - 10:07 AM

There are places that will take your laptops and pay you for it. I saw a few sites when I surfed "workersonboard"; go there and it is a site listing online jobs and ways to make money online. There are several catagories at the top of the site and you just choose the make money online option and several places are listed there for electronics and also books. I hope you find success.

#3 Hardison

Hardison

Activist

• Pro Shifter
  • 446 posts 37 rep

Posted 08 April 2012 - 06:26 PM

You could also donate them to the Goodwill. I purchased a used laptop from my local Goodwill and they had a bunch of non-working laptops to sell for parts.

#4 Shortpoet-GTD

Shortpoet-GTD

Shifted

• Validating
  • 8,025 posts 758 rep

Posted 09 April 2012 - 03:32 AM

More tips here-
http://www.altenergy...s-is-difficult/

#5 SheforACT

SheforACT

Posted 14 December 2016 - 11:54 PM

If you know of any local nonprofits in your area, try calling them to inquire if they need or can make use of your old hardware. If you are determined to get something of value out of your old computer, and if the store credit offered by some of the branded recycling programs doesn’t seem sufficient for you, you can always look for someone to buy your hardware. Search for used computer dealers in your area and see if they will offer what seems like a fair price to you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users