Create a Free Account or Sign In to connect and share in green living and alternative energy forum discussions.

Favourite Garden Tool?

4 replies to this topic

#1 aspen

aspen

Regular

• Pro Shifter
  • 220 posts 21 rep

Posted 15 April 2012 - 09:03 PM

We all know growing  your own food can help reduce those food miles and you can have fresh nutritious food without chemicals. My wife and I do a fair bit of food growing. I'm more the potato and  garlic type of gardener and my wife does just about everything else. We both have different gardening techniques. My approach is  everything in long straight lines. That's why I use my favourite of all tools to dig those long trenches to the correct depth. The long handled post hole shovel.
So what is your favourite garden tool for flowers or vegetables?
Posted Image

#2 mariaandrea

mariaandrea

Activist

• Veteran Shifter
  • 722 posts 146 rep

Posted 16 April 2012 - 09:14 AM

I'm a container gardener, which I just now realized has probably saved me money over the years not having to buy full size tools for gardening. I have 2 hand tools I use and that's it. They're all I need to dig holes and move a little dirt around in a pot. Those plus my hands. It's fun to dig around in the dirt with your hands. :wink:

Posted Image

#3 E3 wise

E3 wise

Shifted

• Premium Shifter
  • 1,027 posts 286 rep

Posted 16 April 2012 - 02:33 PM

Hands down my favorite is my roto tiller.  We have raised beds that are 14x 12 feet and 12 inches tall.  On one end of each we have a ramp to allow us to get into the beds and we till 3 or 4 times a year.  Its really good for getting the compost from our tumbler mixed in evenly.  My second favorite tool is my square spade it has a shorter handle that fits my height well.

#4 Shortpoet-GTD

Shortpoet-GTD

Shifted

• Validating
  • 8,025 posts 758 rep

Posted 16 April 2012 - 05:40 PM

https://encrypted-tb...UluwhMOxu2ej-wg
:laugh:

#5 zararina

zararina

Activist

• Veteran Shifter
  • 660 posts 19 rep

Posted 17 April 2012 - 05:08 AM

My favorite garden tool is the shovel even we are now just planting some vegetables on smaller pots. It comes very handy. I also use some improvised garden tools like my hands. LOL

Attached Files

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users