Create a Free Account or Sign In to connect and share in green living and alternative energy forum discussions.

Telsa energy

14 replies to this topic

#1 fancyfingers

fancyfingers

Regular

• Pro Shifter
  • 149 posts 13 rep

Posted 24 January 2012 - 08:01 PM

Has anyone heard of someone producing energy by using a Tesla generator? I have read a few things about how much energy can be produced, but not of anyone really using one. There are blueprints online to be purchased too. Has anyone done that? If so, do you have any advise for us?

#2 still learning

still learning

Activist

• Veteran Shifter
  • 886 posts 162 rep

Posted 25 January 2012 - 05:29 AM

View Postfancyfingers, on 24 January 2012 - 08:01 PM, said:

Has anyone heard of someone producing energy by using a Tesla generator?....... If so, do you have any advise for us?

I have no experience at all with the "Tesla generator."
My first reaction though is that it sounds like a scam.  After googling a little, I still think the same.
Try http://peswiki.com/i...eslaSecret_Scam

There's lots of sites touting this "Tesla generator" with none providing any numeric informaton regarding how much electrical energy can be provided.

TANSTAAFL (...there ain't no such thing as a free lunch...)

#3 JBMedia

JBMedia

Regular

• Pro Shifter
  • 104 posts 3 rep

Posted 25 January 2012 - 12:18 PM

I don't know much about the Tesla generators. However, I'm curious now. Are these generators made by the same Tesla company that makes electric cars?

#4 still learning

still learning

Activist

• Veteran Shifter
  • 886 posts 162 rep

Posted 25 January 2012 - 06:02 PM

View PostJBMedia, on 25 January 2012 - 12:18 PM, said:

I don't know much about the Tesla generators. However, I'm curious now. Are these generators made by the same Tesla company that makes electric cars?

Tesla Motors produces an actual product.  I've seen one so far, the two seater model, last month in downtown San Francisco, the personalized license plate reading "RIP OIL".  The appearance in person is (to me) much more impressive than in photos.

I don't know for certain, but I'd give long odds that Tesla Motors has nothing to do with these purported Tesla generators.

#5 Guest_arboramans_*

Guest_arboramans_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 January 2012 - 06:28 PM

Nikola Tesla was probably the closest thing the world ever had to a real Tony Stark

#6 jasserEnv

jasserEnv

Activist

• Pro Shifter
  • 406 posts 45 rep

Posted 25 January 2012 - 09:09 PM

I think that this is somebody trying to use a name associated with electricity and science to lend creedance to their scam product. A Tesla coil is simply a tool for creating high voltage from much lower voltage but people often associate it with considerable power because of the spark shows that people do with these things. It is really nothing to do with generating energy at all, but rather converting it from one form to another. The "generator" at the link provided above is simply trying to collect radio signals and turn them back into power. You certainly won't get much energy from this as the transmission towers only put out the minimum energy to make a radio signal transmit the distance they need. It would fall into the category of parasitic energy harvesting more than anything.

#7 fancyfingers

fancyfingers

Regular

• Pro Shifter
  • 149 posts 13 rep

Posted 26 January 2012 - 01:41 PM

Thank you all for the eye opener.  Searching for clean, free, alternative energies will always bring out both the good and bad in people, I guess.

#8 erikc76

erikc76

Curious

• Shifter
  • 13 posts 1 rep

Posted 27 January 2012 - 12:21 AM

It's a shame that Tesla isn't as famous/well-know as Edison because Tesla's work made a bigger impact on our way of life.

#9 Guest_arboramans_*

Guest_arboramans_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 January 2012 - 03:50 PM

Tesla's research is making a come back though. Especially wireless power transmission

#10 jasserEnv

jasserEnv

Activist

• Pro Shifter
  • 406 posts 45 rep

Posted 01 February 2012 - 05:48 PM

It would be good to see more of the wireless power transmission technology being introduced as it would be helpful in reducing the use of batteries. There is a good TED talk on the use of the technology. While it is certainly not as efficient as directly wiring everything, it is far more efficient and less polluting than batteries. The TED talk is below if you are interested:

http://www.ted.com/t...lectricity.html

#11 still learning

still learning

Activist

• Veteran Shifter
  • 886 posts 162 rep

Posted 02 February 2012 - 08:10 AM

View PostjasserEnv, on 01 February 2012 - 05:48 PM, said:

It would be good to see more of the wireless power transmission technology being introduced as it would be helpful in reducing the use of batteries. There is a good TED talk on the use of the technology. While it is certainly not as efficient as directly wiring everything, it is far more efficient and less polluting than batteries. The TED talk is below if you are interested:

http://www.ted.com/t...lectricity.html

The talk is kind of interesting.
I don't see though how anything presented in the talk leads to the actual elimination of batteries though.

Looks like the resonant circuit coupling technology referred to in the talk works well enough at short distances, could be good for recharging rechargable batteries, but doesn't eliminate any batteries.  Could recharge a cellphone or electric car battery wihout physical connection, but wouldn't do anything for non-rechargable flashlight batteries.  Guess you could make the flashlight battery rechargable and add the necessary recharging apparatus, but at what added expense to an inexpensive item?  
Could be useful for reducing powercord clutter but with the drawback of requiring additional equipment (the transmitter and reciever) and with some loss of efficiency.
A convenience enhancing technology, not an efficiency enhancing technology, seems to me.  OK in small doses.

#12 jasserEnv

jasserEnv

Activist

• Pro Shifter
  • 406 posts 45 rep

Posted 02 February 2012 - 08:24 AM

I see your point but it is also important to consider that there are efficiencies to be gained if you consider how much time people spend within close proximity to power but don't want to be plugged in. You could have these power systems in vehicles so that mobile workers wouldn't be using battery power. You could use them in numerous industrial and commercial locations where people need the flexibility to move but aren't going that far. This doesn't eliminate the battery out of the device completely, but it does reduce the cycling on them and hence improve their lifespan, thus reducing the frequency with which they are replaced.

#13 tri-n-b-helpful

tri-n-b-helpful

Posted 03 February 2012 - 03:29 PM

View Postfancyfingers, on 24 January 2012 - 08:01 PM, said:

Has anyone heard of someone producing energy by using a Tesla generator? I have read a few things about how much energy can be produced, but not of anyone really using one. There are blueprints online to be purchased too. Has anyone done that? If so, do you have any advise for us?

Tesla's work is being carried on today in the USA. His Colorado Springs experiments (1896) have been replicated using today's technology. The idea is to charge cheap, high capacity lead-acid batteries for free from the energy in the local environment and use them to power anything and everything at all. John Bedini and many others have continuously invested all of their time and effort into these projects since about 1972 (the last big oil crisis?). Do not buy any plans from anyone. John's patented devices are given to members of his free groups for free, plus you have free online help 24/7 from over three thousand people from everywhere all over the world like you and me who have successfully built and thoroughly load tested their own tuned and balanced devices built from locally available parts that many of us have already or can be cheaply purchased. Partial kits are also available. "Free Energy Conventions" with focused workgroups and some of the most amazing stuff anyone is ever likely to see in their life time are run for a couple of weeks every year from Idaho. I think the cost to attend must be a few thousand dollars each for parts, food, accommodation and everything else. I've never been, but have built and am testing three out of dozens of these devices - each of which is debatable, but possible to get over-unity from. I'm new here, so cannot post links, but if you sign up to Yahoo Groups, you can run a search for it there.

#14 charlie

charlie

• Shifter
  • 1 posts 0 rep

Posted 23 February 2012 - 02:28 PM

I would love to get my hands on something like this for my car. Running my car on free energy would be awesome.

#15 tri-n-b-helpful

tri-n-b-helpful

Posted 25 February 2012 - 05:16 PM

Yes Charlie, this has already been done years ago. Have a look on YouTube. Rick from r-charge converted his 1984 Porsche 944 and has been driving it around for years. The car has since been sold, but I believe the motors are still available from his website. Right now, it's possible to get a car converted to run a system that charges as it goes with superior performance to most other cars with still enough power left over for lighting, air conditioning, etc. Rick did the same with his boat which you can also see on his website. Of course, it's much easier to do with boats, but this one has the advantage of never needing to dock anywhere to recharge, thus avoiding mooring fees, etc. I reckon this sort of technology has made the hovercraft incredibly affordable and worthwhile - even for search and rescue operations or the flooding we've been seeing down here over the past few years.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users