Create a Free Account or Sign In to connect and share in green living and alternative energy forum discussions.

Electronic Waste (E-Waste) - Where Does It All End Up?

5 replies to this topic

#1 Hayden

Hayden

Admin

• Global Moderator
  • 1,489 posts 72 rep

Posted 08 February 2012 - 04:12 PM

These days when we look around us we see a lot of electronics... a ton! We all have electronics, iphones, iPads, kindles, computers, laptops, TVs and the list goes on. We often get rid of the old electronics for a new upgrades. However, what we sometimes don’t think about is where our old electronics go. These old electronics are referred to as our electronic waste. The infographic below takes a look at our electronic waste and where it all ends up:

Posted Image

From our gallery:
http://www.altenergy...l-end-up/large/

#2 Shortpoet-GTD

Shortpoet-GTD

Shifted

• Validating
  • 8,025 posts 758 rep

Posted 08 February 2012 - 05:13 PM

Asia-Africa.
Nice presentation.

#3 tri-n-b-helpful

tri-n-b-helpful

Posted 09 March 2012 - 04:34 PM

Very informative. I have a much better solution... give all your e-waste to me and I'll turn it into wind-up torches and radios! That ought to keep me employed for a very long time! :laugh:

#4 jasserEnv

jasserEnv

Activist

• Pro Shifter
  • 406 posts 45 rep

Posted 09 March 2012 - 08:55 PM

This presentation is a good reason to pay the small amount to have the products recycled by a reputable recycler. My old computer cost $9 and to me, that is quite a reasonable amount to pay in order to ensure that the materials have a second life and to ensure that some poor people aren't exposed to the chemicals that are contained within them. It is also a good reason to lobby governments and to push manufacturers to have a cradle to grave strategy. Where I live, the local government adds a small fee to the costs of all electronics so that they will be recycled when the product is no longer useful. A lot of people worked hard to lobby for this.

#5 SheforACT

SheforACT

Posted 15 December 2016 - 12:31 AM

Great presentation, thanks for the info, very informative.

#6 Shortpoet-GTD

Shortpoet-GTD

Shifted

• Validating
  • 8,025 posts 758 rep

Posted 15 December 2016 - 04:18 PM

Children in Asian countries, African countries are dying from cancers from handling this toxic waste
but
the tech companies keep telling us
to upgrade to the newest phone/tablet, blah blah with no though to those poor kids.

Most consumers don't know it either.
They just CONSUME more and more and more.

(Excuse my bad mood towards the tech giants. They can't even keep our elections safe
from hacking) ARGH

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users