Create a Free Account or Sign In to connect and share in green living and alternative energy forum discussions.

metal recycling

5 replies to this topic

#1 greenking

greenking

Regular

• Shifter
  • 60 posts 2 rep

Posted 03 February 2012 - 09:29 AM

Anyone who has good ideas for metal recycling? Thanks......

#2 tri-n-b-helpful

tri-n-b-helpful

Posted 03 February 2012 - 02:10 PM

Yes. What exactly would you like to know? There are many scrap metal recycling centers here that pay good prices for your clean, sorted scrap metal. I used to get as much as $8.50/kg for top grade copper, over $4 a kilogram for brass and about a dollar a kilogram for aluminium. I used to be able to get thirty cents a kilogram for steel here. I hear they pay over $12 a kilogram for copper in China. It might be a good idea to start looking around and see what is available in your local area. The prices on offer vary from day to day according to your country's share market performance. Ours has been terrible for a long time.

#3 Shortpoet-GTD

Shortpoet-GTD

Shifted

• Validating
  • 8,025 posts 758 rep

Posted 03 February 2012 - 02:34 PM

Google? Bing? Yahoo search?

#4 13tyates

13tyates

Curious

• Shifter
  • 25 posts 1 rep

Posted 03 February 2012 - 04:35 PM

Usually you can find places all over your area that buy your scrap metals, or any kind of metal really. We have 3, maybe 4 places that do that in my area. Since they are competing for your business you can get some good money for it sometimes. Copper can be up to $4 a pound and ever more for some metals. It is an easy way to recycle the metals you no longer use or need!

#5 SheforACT

SheforACT

Posted 15 December 2016 - 12:39 AM

The most common metals accepted by scrap yards include copper, steel, aluminum, brass, iron and wires. But your local scrap yard may accept additional metals for recycling and give you cash payouts for your scrap metals. Call a few scrap yards in your area ahead of time for a list of scrap metals they accept for recycling to find a location now.

#6 Shortpoet-GTD

Shortpoet-GTD

Shifted

• Validating
  • 8,025 posts 758 rep

Posted 15 December 2016 - 04:14 PM

I don't know about other states but the numbnuts in the state office passed a law a few years back for metal
recycling.
You have to be FINGERPRINTED show a picture ID to receive money for metal recycling.

Texas loves to kick the poor folks when they're down.
Imo, they're saying, if you did prison time you can't get money for turning in beer cans.
Insanity.
http://www.scrapyard...l-Laws-Changing

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users